Level 1

Hi,

i was thinking about a similar situation:

- phoneA has a CSS that allows to call Mobile phones

- phoneB has a CSS that allows to call only internal DN's

User of phoneB can solve his restriction in this way:

- ask to phoneA user to call a mobile phone

- ask to phoneA user to transfer the call to phoneB

So, even if phoneB can't call mobile phones, through this escamotage he can estabilish this kind of call from transfer function.

Is there a way to avoid this ?

Thank you,

Roberto

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

No way to stop it as far as I'm aware..

In general when you give someone the ability to dial certain numbers, it's giving them the responsibility to manage the costs associated with it. If someone is taking advantage that should show up on bills etc and they'd then have to justify it.

If someone else who can't dial out needs to dial out, it's up to them to decide whether to allow that. If they know that person shouldn't be allowed to do so, they shouldn't allow them to do it. It's the same as the 'can I email you this so you can print it in colour' or 'i've lost my access card, can I tailgate you through this door' scenarios.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

I agree with Aaron's answer, however in certain environments, misuse of calling privileges can become a real issue, so Cisco like other PBX makers, has measures to prevent or limit it.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_0_2/ccmfeat/fsxfer.html

Note: I understand the feature above mainly deals with offnet to offnet transfers, that is not the case given by OP, I have not studied to see if there is a possible configuration to prevent it anyway.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

No way to stop it as far as I'm aware..

In general when you give someone the ability to dial certain numbers, it's giving them the responsibility to manage the costs associated with it. If someone is taking advantage that should show up on bills etc and they'd then have to justify it.

If someone else who can't dial out needs to dial out, it's up to them to decide whether to allow that. If they know that person shouldn't be allowed to do so, they shouldn't allow them to do it. It's the same as the 'can I email you this so you can print it in colour' or 'i've lost my access card, can I tailgate you through this door' scenarios.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I agree with Aaron's answer, however in certain environments, misuse of calling privileges can become a real issue, so Cisco like other PBX makers, has measures to prevent or limit it.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_0_2/ccmfeat/fsxfer.html

Note: I understand the feature above mainly deals with offnet to offnet transfers, that is not the case given by OP, I have not studied to see if there is a possible configuration to prevent it anyway.

Thanks to both of you...even if internal transfer restrictions are not applicable, i can prevent external ones.

Roberto

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: