Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

call transfer from a h.323 client to an IP Phone (using a gatekeeper)

Hi,

I'm using a gatekeeper with H.323 client.

Does anyone know if it's possible to initiate a call transfer from a h.323 client to an IP Phone?

Moreover, I have a problem when a h.323 client calls an IP phone (or IP phone to H.323 client), during a time (between 0 to 2 sec) after both phones are off hook, no voice is heard (during 0 to 2sec). Did anyone have the same issue?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: call transfer from a h.323 client to an IP Phone (using a ga

The transfer-system command specifies the method to use for call transfers: H.450.2 standard signaling or Cisco proprietary signaling, and whether transfers should be blind or allow consultation. We recommend that customers should specify H.450 standards for call transfer and forwarding when possible.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00806a803d.html#wp1055423

Re: call transfer from a h.323 client to an IP Phone (using a ga

Guilhem,

I'm assuming that 0 to 2 secs is occuring during your ringback. If so, check out this document. It's for diagnosing and fixing ringback issues to CCM from H323. Check out some of the service parameters at the bottom that could be set on CCM.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk1077/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094c33.shtml

If it's not ringback and the voice path after that then possible check if VAD is enabled. By default it should be off on CCM to calls through that Gatekeeper, unless you are using G729 annex B. Potentially you might negotiate G729br8 with another endpoint. Try disabling that as well. Goto CCM service parameters and set the following value to True, Strip G.729 Annex B (Silence Suppression) from Capabilities*

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

Views
Helpful
Replies