Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Call Transfer restriction issue cucm 8.0 urgent help!!!!

Hi all,

We have recently noticed few issues in our call transfer functionality in IP phone

Let me brief:

If I dial any mobile number from my IP phone example 123456789 call is normally established I talk to the person then I press transfer the first called number 123456789 is on hold

I dial another mobile number567891234 I speak to him while the first called number is on hold then I press transfer again call gets established between both of them and I get dropped out of my IP phone and call will be still going on between 123456789 and 567891234 will it be chargeable? to our company?

And I have noticed few users are doing this for their personal calls can we put any restrictions or disable any parameter so that if any
IP phone does such transfers should not be able to patch any calls. Externally

Please help.... :-( :-(

Regards,

Rebecca.

8 REPLIES

Start by mentioning the call flow, devices involve and general review of the configuration.

--
Jorge Armijo

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

-- Jorge Armijo Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Hi,

classify the gateway that the call is coming from as "offnet"

to classify the route pattern that is used to send the call to the mobile as offnet:

enable the service parameter, block offnet to offnet calls. will it help?

or any further configuration is needed?

Cisco Employee

That will work assuming the calls are handled directly by CUCM, if they mix CUC/Unity/UCCX or something else, they could still bypass this.

Also, if they do an internal call and transfer it to someone's mobile, it would still work.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

We only have Cucm and all other locations are connected from WAN and other location phones do not have a feature of PSTN calling only internal calling is possible over WAN.

We have voice gateway pub sub1 sub2 at one location and all the location phones are registered here.

but where pub sub are located we have pri which is for incoming call and outgoing STD ISD calls

This issue is happening only in this location not on other location.

Hello Team,

Hello Team,

Is it possible, we can enable External to External transfer only on Single Reception  phone and for rest of phone it should disable it..

CUCM: 11.5.

VG: 4321 H.323.

Pls suggest.

Best Regards

Anil Singh

Cisco Employee

I see you already have

I see you already have another thread for this, the reason why this would not work as your customer tells you, is because aside from that parameter, there is nothing specific to call transfer to prevent that. A transfer uses the same CSS you use to place calls (because effectively, you're placing a new call), which means, that you would need to block any kind of calls to that number, to prevent you from transferring as well.

Someone just asked something similar, but for a group, the answer was the same, this is not possible

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

Thanks Jaime for your

Thanks Jaime for your response.. Highly appreciate..

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Rebecca,

I think you've come up with the solution here

External Call Transfer Restrictions

External  Call Transfer Restrictions feature allows the Cisco Unified CallManager  administrator to configure gateways, trunks, and route patterns as  OnNet (internal) or OffNet (external) devices at the system level. By  setting the devices as OffNet, administrators can restrict the  transferring of an external call to an external device and thus help  prevent toll fraud.

To activate external call transfer restrictions, perform the following steps:

Set the Block OffNet to OffNet Transfer service parameter to True

Cheers!

Rob

"Your life is worth much more than gold." 

- Bob Marley

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content