Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VIP Super Bronze

Call transfer stopped working on h323-gateway after CCM upgrade(CCm7.1.5-3b)

CCM6.1.4 to CCM 7.15

Guys,

Did an upgrade for a customer over the weekend and discovered today that external calls cannot be transfered.

When a call comes in and the transfer key is pressed, nothing happens. Infact no supplementary services are working. The hold button does not work too. The call just stay connected. when an IP Phone to IP phone call is made, transfer works, hold works.

When I did a debug voip ccapi inout I am getting "  Check DTMF relay digit begin for 3way conf"

any ideas please.

Please rate all useful posts "The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"
4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Call transfer stopped working on h323-gateway after CCM upgr

Just for testing purposes, can you do the following and check ?

- check the 'Media Termination Point Required' on the H.323 Gateway config page on CUCM

- Uncheck 'Wait for far end H.245 TCS' on the H.323 Gateway config page on CUCM

- Ensure that the MRGL on the H.323 Gateway has access to an MTP

- Ensure that the region settings between the Gateway and MTP, and MTP and phone are set properly

- Reset the Gateway from CUCM admin

- Make the test call and try the hold / resume / transfer and let me know if it works

- Sriram

VIP Super Bronze

Well..

That has worked wonders! I have  been under intense and huge pressure..Thanks..

However I have questions:

I have never have to use MTP for call xfer..why this now? I am at a loss why I need MTP for h323 call xfer..even though in my ccm traces I saw CCM requesting a MTP device..Why?

2. I have 2 other gateways, which are 2800 ISR which do not have this issue on the same cluster. The gateways afffected are 3900 ISRs.

3. For MTP region setting, I have used g.711, I believe I can use G.729, but then I it will need a xcoder resource?

Please rate all useful posts "The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"
Cisco Employee

Good to know that it worked

1 and 2. Regarding your question on why MTP is needed in your 7.1.5 setup, I don't know for sure. I would recommend opening a Cisco TAC case. Make one  test call with MTP not checked, and one test call with MTP checked, and collect the detailed 'Cisco CallManager' traces. The TAC engineer should be able to find out what's going wrong when MTP is not checked.

3. For MTP region setting, I have used g.711, I believe I can use G.729, but then I it will need a xcoder resource?

If the MTP getting allocated is a software CUCM MTP, it can't do g.729. So, if the region settings between the MTP and Gateway is g.729, a transcoder needs to be invoked. However, the region settings between the transcoder and the MTP should be g711.

Modifed call flow : Gateway --- g729 --- transcoder --- g711 --- mtp --- g711 phone

- Sriram

Cisco Employee

Assuming this is an H323 gateway to a POTS circuit, and not H323-to-SIP CUBE, then you shouldn't need an MTP for supp services.

Do you have emptycapability configured, and h450.2 and h450.3 disabled?

voice service voip

no supp h450.2

no supp h450.3

h323

emptycapability

Finally, are you sure you're matching an h323 dial-peer inbound?  Verify with 'sh call active voice brief' with the 'pid' field for the IP leg to make sure that you are matching your h323 peer and not pid:0 or some other voip peer.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content