cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Transfer - Strange behavior

cplatt01
Level 1
Level 1

I have a strange issue where any call that is transferred to a user is going directly into voicemail. At first, the answer seems pretty simple - Check Unity. I checked Unity and verified that it was not set to go to the greeting. I even put in a different extension to verify that it worked.

When I call the number directly, there is no issue, it rings the phone.

When someone transfers me to that person, it forwards me directly into VM, which would rule out Unity, because the transfer is not originating from Unity.

I tried deleting the extension and re-adding, with no luck.

I am stumped on this one!

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Chris,

Long time my friend :) Two things that I would look at are;

In Unity look for a Routing Rule against the problem DN as they may treat direct calls differently than Transferred calls.

When you remove the DN in CUCM make sure that you removed it from the "Unassigned DN's" list from the Route Plan Report before adding it back to the IP Phone.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob. I checked both of your suggestions, and both are good. The strange thing is that even when I do a transfer from IP Phone to IP Phone, it goes directly to VM, not even bringing Unity into the mix.

As always, thanks for your help.

Hi Chris,

WOW! That's a weird one for sure. Can you please tell us what version of CUCM you are running here.

Rob

6.1(2-1000). The strange thing is it only happens on 1 phone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: