Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Call transfer through Hunt group

Hi,

we have a call manager version 8.6 where we have mutiple huntgroups configured. Following is the call flow

PSTN callers call a DID number from outside which after the translation on the gateway, hits a hunt pilot number on call manager and eventually the call rings on all the line members of the line group. One any of the line group member picks up the call and tries to transfer the call to any internal or external number, we get the following error message on phone screen and transfer does not work

" External transfer Restricted"

Now this happens even if we dial the hunt pilot number internally from an iphone and then if one of the members tries to transfer to an internal extension or external number, we get the error message

More Information:

----------------------

There are many other hunt groups on the same call manager server and tries to transfer the call same way as the non working one and it works for them

So i checked the difference. All the members of all the hunt groups are device profile logged into physical phone. The only difference was that working hunt group members are logged into 6921 phone where as non working users are logged into 7942 phones (sip firmare) and the profile are created for 9971 although we dont have any physical 9971 phone

So it seems that call transfer through hunt group does not work only if the members are logged into 7942 (sip) phones and works when they are logged into 6921 with 9971 Device profile

I hope its clear. Please let me know if its a known issue or limitation with 7942 phone. Any help will be appreciated

1 REPLY

Try changing the Block Offnet

Try changing the Block Offnet to Offnet Transfer CallManager Service Parameter to False and test again.  If it then works, we'll probably need CallManager traces to see why both numbers are getting marked as offnet.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content