Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Transfer

current setup of CCM4.1 and Unity 4.0, we're using Unity to do phone transfer. Meaning if an extension number is not a subscriber to the unity, call transfer to that extension is not possible.

I find this setup rather expensive, as I bought a unity with 300VM license. If I need to scale to 500 users, I need to invest a lot of money on just licenses

Would need advise how I can use the CCM to do call transfer instead, if it is possible, when I attemp a call transfer, will the caller be automatically put on hold and play the MOH greetings?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: Call Transfer

Hi Jimmy,

Just a note here to add to Jorge's great info. Have a look at the following on how to set up the Call Handler (lock a key to the Caller System Transfer) in Unity to allow callers to Transfer to non-subscribers;

Setting Up System Transfers

In your organization, you may find that callers want to be able to dial numbers that are not typically listed in directory assistance. For example, subscribers and outsider callers may find it convenient to be able to call Cisco Unity and transfer from the Opening Greeting or another call handler to a lobby extension, conference room extension, or an extension assigned to someone in the organization who is not a Cisco Unity subscriber, such as an employee who is visiting from another site and is using a guest office.

You can route callers to one of two "system transfer" conversations, both of which offer callers the ability to transfer to numbers that are not associated with Cisco Unity subscribers:

You can route callers to either system transfer conversation in several ways, including: Caller System Transfer, This conversation prompts callers to enter the number that they want to transfer to.

By offering a system transfer as a "one-key dialing" option. You can specify either system transfer (on the Caller Input page for any call handler or subscriber greeting) as the action that Cisco Unity performs when a caller presses a particular key during the greeting.

For example, to allow all callers to transfer to a lobby phone, guest office, or a conference room from the Opening Greeting, you could specify that Cisco Unity will offer Caller System Transfers when callers press 3.

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00805ec111.html#wp1240433

Call Management > Call Handlers > Caller Input Page

Action Indicate the action that Cisco Unity performs after a caller presses the corresponding key.

Send Caller To - Cisco Unity sends the call to the destination that you select:

Caller System Transfer - Sends the call to a conversation that allows callers to transfer to a number that they specify. For example, callers may want to dial a lobby or conference room phone that is not associated with a Cisco Unity subscriber. Cisco Unity performs the transfer only when the CS_Default_System_Transfer restriction table permits it.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008022d1ca.html#wp1056713

You could also set up these special clients as Internet Subscribers, which does not require a User License but does allow them to be listed in the directory and to be able to be dialled from the Call Handler.

Creating Internet Subscriber Accounts

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_feature_guide_chapter09186a0080449a88.html#wp1039005

Hope this helps!

Rob

6 REPLIES

On Unity 4.0(4) and later we have a feature called:

Caller System Transfer.

Subscriber System Transfer.

this allow you to make a transfer to an extension that is not associated with a Unity subscriber.

-Subscriber System Transfer?Sends the call to a conversation that allows subscribers to

transfer to a number that they specify. Subscribers are prompted to log on and then can

enter numbers that are not associated with Cisco Unity subscribers?such as lobby and

conference room phones, and even phone numbers outside the organization. Cisco Unity

performs the transfer only when the subscriber restriction table permits it.

-Caller System Transfer?Sends the call to a conversation that allows callers to transfer

to a number that they specify. For example, callers may want to dial a lobby or conference

room phone that is not associated with a Cisco Unity subscriber. Cisco Unity performs the

transfer only when the CS_Default_System_Transfer restriction table permits it.

still don't quite get it. You referred the calling transfer to just tweaking subsrciber restriction table?

But I need non-subscribers to be able to make call transfers. Where can I do this?

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Jimmy,

Just a note here to add to Jorge's great info. Have a look at the following on how to set up the Call Handler (lock a key to the Caller System Transfer) in Unity to allow callers to Transfer to non-subscribers;

Setting Up System Transfers

In your organization, you may find that callers want to be able to dial numbers that are not typically listed in directory assistance. For example, subscribers and outsider callers may find it convenient to be able to call Cisco Unity and transfer from the Opening Greeting or another call handler to a lobby extension, conference room extension, or an extension assigned to someone in the organization who is not a Cisco Unity subscriber, such as an employee who is visiting from another site and is using a guest office.

You can route callers to one of two "system transfer" conversations, both of which offer callers the ability to transfer to numbers that are not associated with Cisco Unity subscribers:

You can route callers to either system transfer conversation in several ways, including: Caller System Transfer, This conversation prompts callers to enter the number that they want to transfer to.

By offering a system transfer as a "one-key dialing" option. You can specify either system transfer (on the Caller Input page for any call handler or subscriber greeting) as the action that Cisco Unity performs when a caller presses a particular key during the greeting.

For example, to allow all callers to transfer to a lobby phone, guest office, or a conference room from the Opening Greeting, you could specify that Cisco Unity will offer Caller System Transfers when callers press 3.

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00805ec111.html#wp1240433

Action Indicate the action that Cisco Unity performs after a caller presses the corresponding key.

Send Caller To - Cisco Unity sends the call to the destination that you select:

Caller System Transfer - Sends the call to a conversation that allows callers to transfer to a number that they specify. For example, callers may want to dial a lobby or conference room phone that is not associated with a Cisco Unity subscriber. Cisco Unity performs the transfer only when the CS_Default_System_Transfer restriction table permits it.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008022d1ca.html#wp1056713

You could also set up these special clients as Internet Subscribers, which does not require a User License but does allow them to be listed in the directory and to be able to be dialled from the Call Handler.

Creating Internet Subscriber Accounts

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_feature_guide_chapter09186a0080449a88.html#wp1039005

Hope this helps!

Rob

hi rob.huffman

I have a question.I setup autoattendant feature on unity 4.2,when call handlers during greeting,press 2556,system respond a error message.but can correct direct to 2556 when after greeting.all key action in caller input is ignore key.Is not support full autoattend feature?

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Dahai,

If 2556 is an extension (I think it is), then you need to set up the Call Handler with this setting;

Allow Callers to Dial an Extension During Greeting

Check this check box to allow callers to enter an extension while a greeting plays. Use in conjunction with the Lock This Key check box to allow callers to enter some extensions but not others.

(For Cisco Unity to recognize caller input during a subscriber greeting, the Allow Caller Input check box must be checked on each applicable Greetings page.)

Default: Check box checked.

**Sounds like you have this set up;

Action

Ignore Key - No action taken. Cisco Unity plays the entire greeting, then performs the after-greeting action.

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008022d1ca.html#wp1141238

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob Thank you very much for the wonderful tip, not forgetting Jorge as well.

I've basically worked on using the internet subscribers instead of exchange, as it consumes the limited VM licenses and it will be expensive to do so for lobby and conference room phones.

Nevertheless its been a great learning experience.

Great work guys

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content