Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Call waiting on 2431 FXS ports

Hello,

How do I enable call waiting on FXS ports on 2431 IADs? I tried several different configuration commands and they either do not apply to the chassis or do not seem to work. I am running IOS 12.4(24)T1. Are there SIP message constraints? The device receives secondary INVITE messages sent from the proxy on active calls and responds with 100 and 180 messages, but these do not translate to CW activity on the FXS ports.

Thanks,

Guy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: Call waiting on 2431 FXS ports

I stand corrected. See link for supplementary features on FXS ports with SIP server.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3t/voice/command/reference/vrht_s01.html#wp1252293

8 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

From what I know, FXS port do not support call waiting in SIP mode.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

I stand corrected. See link for supplementary features on FXS ports with SIP server.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3t/voice/command/reference/vrht_s01.html#wp1252293

Thanks for your reply.  I had originally tried that command and assumed it did not work, since I did not observe the CW CAS, two wire treatment, or CIDCW transmission.  However, I re-tested and issued a hookflash anyway and the line connected to the second call.

Now, my problem has changed.  It appears that call waiting works (the ability to switch calls), but there is no CPE alerting.  How do I get that to work?

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Yes, I did that and there is no CPE alerting.  Are there other commands required to accomplish this?

Hall of Fame Super Gold

As indicated in the configuration guide. Then if something doesn't work right for you, you have to engage TAC escalation team and be very patient.

I'll try TAC.  I'm not so sure about the patience part though... 

Thanks for your help!

Hall of Fame Super Gold

They must be patient with customer, and vice-versa, until problem is solved.

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking the stars before.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content