cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Called Number issue in transferred calls

Rafael Carvalho
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having a problem when I transfer calls.
For example, when an extension 1111 calls extension 2222, in the phone extension 1111 should
appear the number 2222 as the called number.Its works fine !

But when extension 2222 transfer the call to extension 3333 called the number seen at extension 1111 should be 3333, but is still 2222.

How to solve this?

Im using CUCM 7.1

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Rafael,

If I follow you then what you are seeing could be working exactly as designed, assuming you are doing a consultative transfer. Assume the following scenario:

1. Phone-A calls Phone-B and Phone-B answers.

2. Phone-B then hits the Transfer softkey and calls Phone-C

3. Phone-C answsers

4. Phone-B hits the Transfer softkey again

So, this is a consultative (or supervised) transfer.  Until step #4, Phone-A will always see the extension and name of Phone-B.  It isn't until Phone-B leaves the call (step 4) that I would expect Phone-A to see the extenion/name of Phone-C.

Now, in the following case Phone-A would have a slightly different experience:

2. Phone-B then hits the Transfer softkey, calls Phone-C, and hits the Transfer softkey again (while Phone-C is ringing)

3. Phone-C answsers

This is more or less a blind transfer.  Phone-B has no idea if Phone-C will actually answer the call (hence the term "blind"). In this call scenario, Phone-A will see Phone-C's extension and name at the conclusion of step 2.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

Please rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Rafael,

If I follow you then what you are seeing could be working exactly as designed, assuming you are doing a consultative transfer. Assume the following scenario:

2. Phone-B then hits the Transfer softkey and calls Phone-C

3. Phone-C answsers

4. Phone-B hits the Transfer softkey again

So, this is a consultative (or supervised) transfer.  Until step #4, Phone-A will always see the extension and name of Phone-B.  It isn't until Phone-B leaves the call (step 4) that I would expect Phone-A to see the extenion/name of Phone-C.

Now, in the following case Phone-A would have a slightly different experience:

2. Phone-B then hits the Transfer softkey, calls Phone-C, and hits the Transfer softkey again (while Phone-C is ringing)

3. Phone-C answsers

This is more or less a blind transfer.  Phone-B has no idea if Phone-C will actually answer the call (hence the term "blind"). In this call scenario, Phone-A will see Phone-C's extension and name at the conclusion of step 2.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

William,

Thanx for your feedback.

I need to use supervised transfer.

What and how I need to change to enable this function?

Rafael,

Supervised transfer is the transfer method that CUCM supports natively. It is up to the user performing  the transfer to stay on the line until the transfer destination answers the call.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

Thats the problem ! ! !

The supervised transfer isnĀ“t working and I dont know how to enable this feature.

It was working fine but last week, is possible that someone made something that disable this feature .

Can you help me ?

Rafael,

Perhaps I am confusing things. In your original post you provided this scenario:

I'm having a problem when I transfer calls.
For example, when an extension 1111 calls extension 2222, in the phone extension 1111 should
appear the number 2222 as the called number.Its works fine !

But when extension 2222 transfer the call to extension 3333 called the number seen at extension 1111 should be 3333, but is still 2222.

How to solve this?

Based on this description, you are using supervised transfer (or consultative transfer). Which basically means that when 2222 transfers the call to 3333, the 2222 user is waiting for 3333 to answer.  During this time, the user at extension 1111 would NOT see extension 3333.  The extension 3333 would only be displayed after 2222 hangs up.

In your last post, you said you want supervised transfer. It sounds like this is what you have so I must be misunderstanding something.

As an aside, there is a parameter that one can use to enable an onhook transfer. In this scenario, the user at extension 2222 would not need to hit the transfer key TWICE. They could simply hit it once, dial 3333, and then hang up. As with the standard transfer feature, the user determines whether they are doing a blind or supervised transfer.  It all depends on how long 2222 stays on the line while 3333 is ringing.   Hopefully, that makes sense.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

William

I wish to use the  supervised transfer, i know that its the dafault option and it was working fine last week.

But suddenly my transferred calls starts to works as blind transfers.

I need to go back to supervided transfer, but i dont know how.

Rafael,

Then we need more specifics on the call scenario that is giving you the problem. One aspect of CUCM calll transfer that I was trying to highlight is that CUCM is always a supervised transfer.  The user doing the transfer determines how long they stay on the line while the transfer destination rings out. In other words, extension 2222 should not hang up the phone until 3333 answers. Without more information I have to assume this is a user error.

If you can, provide more information.

Regards,
Bill

Ok

When extension 22222 transfer the call to extension 33333 ,transfer occurs correctly.

The problem is, the user in extension 11111 talks with the user in 33333 after the transfer, but seeing as a call to 22222.

I  need the user at extension 11111 to see that the call was transferred  to 33333, but this does not happen, even when the transfer is made.

Solution,

On Service Parameter Configuration

False 

Its works

angel.gino
Level 1
Level 1

Rafael, Your solution works fine!!!!!!!!!!!