Views
Helpful
Replies

Called Party Transformations - Pre Dot

Rod.Blackie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

we're running UCM 7.1.3 and currently using the UCM internal database for directory lookups. I want to change this so that UCM pulls data from AD via LDAP. The problem I have is that the UCM database listed users extensions in 4 digit format and in AD it's the full E.164 number.

I need to create a solution to the following - can anyone help.

When the users get imported from AD into UCM their contact number will be (for example)

site a 01925 85XXXX

site b 01235 51XXXX

We route 4 digit extension numbers between sites over our WAN. So currently when a user querys the phone directory site a calls site b they use the 4 digit extension that routes via the WAN.

When we import the users via AD this will be different as the numbers displayed will be the full 11 digit E.164 number. This means that when site a calls site b all calls will be routed via the PSTN and will cost us money.

I need to come up with a solution that takes the 11 digit PSTN numbers that will be displayed within the ucm directory and discards digits from the dialled string so that the following happens.

user a looks in the corporate directory for user b - the number displayed in 11 digits and looks something like this 01235 511234 user a then calls this number and through some route pattern configuration only the last 4 digits are called (1234) this will allow us to route calls over the WAN while allowing for the import from AD to happen.

I've been looking at pre dot discard digits and think this might be the correct way to procced - can someone help?

Thanks

Rod

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you have one CUCM cluster this would be a Translation Pattern. Route Patterns are only used for egressing out of the cluster. Either way the pattern would look like this:

Pattern: 0192585.XXXX

DDI: PreDot

CSS: Something that can includes the user DNs.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you have one CUCM cluster this would be a Translation Pattern. Route Patterns are only used for egressing out of the cluster. Either way the pattern would look like this:

Pattern: 0192585.XXXX

DDI: PreDot

CSS: Something that can includes the user DNs.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Smashing - thanks Jonathan. I wasn't quite sure about the pre dot transformation and the fact that you could put the dot anywhere on the number string...

Thanks

Rod

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: