Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Caller ID and T1 CAS

Hey folks. I've got a 4.0(3) CME on a 2801 with a T1 CAS providing 12 voice channels. Do you know of a way to get incoming caller ID working for this type of setup? In my attempt at researching this, I found a lot of recommendations concerning MGCP controlled circuits being switched over to h323. Isn't CME operating as an h323 gateway natively?

I'd like to avoid having to ask the customer to switch to a PRI unless there's no way to get caller ID to work with the existing T1.

Thanks in advance for any insights!

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Caller ID and T1 CAS

From this doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a00800e2560.shtml

FGD is the only variant of T1 CAS that supports ANI and Cisco supports it along with the FGD-EANA variant. In addition to FGD functionality, FGD-EANA provides certain call services, such as emergency (USA-911) calls. With FGD, the gateway supports the collection of ANI inbound only. With the use of FGD-EANA, a Cisco 5300 is able to send ANI information outbound as well as collecting it inbound. This latter capability requires the user of the fgd-eana signaling type in the ds0-group command, with ani-dnis option and calling-number outbound command in the POTS dial-peer. The calling-number outbound command is supported only on the Cisco 5300 as of Cisco IOS Software Release 12.1(3)T.

HTH, please rate all posts!

Chris

That is very helpful, but I would also like some more specific IOS commands. Maybe a config example of a T1 CAS that is set up for FGD?

Silver

You would first probably want to find out if the carrier even offers FGD on the T1 that you have ordered - it is almost certainly not there now, and it would probably involve an extra charge. It also takes a long time for all of those digits to pulse out, so call setup will be slower. A PRI would be a much better answer, if you have to have caller ID.

Mary Beth

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content