cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID - CCM7

firas_madanat
Level 1
Level 1

We have two telephony systems installed, Cisco (call manager 7) and Aastra PBX.

I have Configured a gateway for Aastra PBX (IP) and all went fine, all internal extensions are shown for both sides; however; when an outside incoming call received by an IP Aastra phone and then transfered to a Cisco IP Phone, the original caller ID (PSTN) does not show on the Cisco IP phone, instead, the internal extension of Aastra phone is shown.

Where is the problem, how can configure Call Manager to receieve the PSTN number; from any source? I have tried all options in the gateway config. but failed...

4 Replies 4

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This has to fixed on the other system side

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thank you marwanshawi,

I double on your input; however; I want to check all options I have to be certain.

How about i configure a voice dial peer on voice gateway (router) with the call manager as a session target,in which it forward all digits, if for some reason the call manager do not receive the PSTN number?

I believe if you ran traces you would find the CallManager isn't even seing the PSTN number, just the extension. So no matter what you do in CallManager short of creating a mask for that incoming extension you can't get the PSTN.

Aastra is actually stripping the PSTN and replacing with extension.

Thank you Greyson

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: