cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID CUE Problem

jslagle77
Level 1
Level 1

I have a site that has 12.3(11)XL / CME 3.2.1 and unity express 1.1. The problem that I have is that when callers leave a voicemail, unity always plays it back as saying the calling number is unknown. How can I fix this problem? Caller ID is enabled on the PRI and the users see the called party information just fine.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Try entering the "voicemail callerid" command on the CUE module, such as:

router#service-module service-engine 0/0 session

cue>enable

cue#conf t

cue(config)#voicemail callerid

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Unfortunately, this is unity express version 1.1 and that command doesn't appear until 2.1. Do you know of anything else that would be creating this situation?

Thanks

Sorry, I should have seen that in your first message. According to the following link, caller id for incoming messages was not introduced until 2.1, so I don't think there's any way to make it work on previous releases.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803ef792.html

Brandon

Brandon,

Well I was affraid that would be the case as I saw the exact document that you mentioned here (I dont always trust the docs as many times there are unofficial work arounds)... This was a older site that was just taken in under our control and I was hoping for a easier work around other then upgrading the files on the router via remote.

Thanks again

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: