cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID display on Forwarded Calls. -CME

mmunoatmc
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way for the caller ID display on a forwarded call just show the number of the caller and not the full message "Forwarded xxxx For xxx by xxx". I have a CME running 4.0.2. This CME has a PRI, and receives forwarded calls from other sites (forwarded via the PSTN) from time to time. Users get confused and would prefer to just see the number that is callin and not the rest of the detail.

8 Replies 8

vmoopeung
Level 5
Level 5

Phone users can activate and deactivate a phone's call-forward-all setting by using a feature access code (FAC) instead of a soft key on the phone if standard or custom FACs have been enabled for your system. The following are the standard FACs for call forward all:

• callfwd all-Call forward all calls. Standard FAC is **1 plus an optional target extension.

• callfwd cancel-Cancel call forward all calls. Standard FAC is **2.

The following URL may help you:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmetrans.html#wp1120158

mmunoatmc
Level 1
Level 1

I don't think that was exactly my problem.

When a call comes in from the PSTN on an analog line, the caller ID displays "call forwarded for and by". This happens because we have calls forwarded to the analog line from other sites.

What we were trying to avoid was dispalying the forwarding information on the phone when the calls arrive.

Where are the calls being forwarded from? Another CME box? Via H.323,MGCP, or SIP?

Thanks,

Steve

Calls are coming in from the PSTN via analog lines.

The calls that are coming in are being forwarded from other sites over the PSTN.

For example, I have my cell phone call forwarded to the PSTN number of the CME. Some one dials my cell, the call is forwarded to a station of the CME and the caller id on that station shows "call forwarded by and for". It kind of confuses the users a bit.

What we would like to see is just the caller id of the person calling, and not all the other detail.

Oh ok. I see what you have going on... I'm assuming that you're using SIP from all the caller ID information that is being passed to you. Here's some information on changing the default settings of the pstn-to-sip setup on the voice gateway. I hope that it helps.

calling-info pstn-to-sip

To specify calling information treatment for public switched telephone network (PSTN) to Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) calls, use the calling-info pstn-to-sip command in SIP user agent configuration mode. To disable calling information treatment for PSTN-to-SIP calls, use the no form of this command.

calling-info pstn-to-sip {unscreened discard | {from | remote-party-id | asserted-id {name set name | number set number}}}

no calling-info pstn-to-sip

Syntax Description

unscreened discard

(Optional) Specifies that the calling name and number be discarded.

from name set name

(Optional) Specifies that the display-name of the From header is unconditionally set to the configured ASCII string in the forwarded INVITE message.

from number set number

(Optional) Specifies that the user part of the From header is unconditionally set to the configured ASCII string in the forwarded INVITE message.

remote-party-id name set name

(Optional) Specifies that the display-name of the Remote-Party-ID header is unconditionally set to the configured ASCII string in the forwarded INVITE message.

remote-party-id number set number

(Optional) Specifies that the user part of the Remote-Party-ID header is unconditionally set to the configured ASCII string in the forwarded INVITE message.

asserted-id name set name

(Optional) Specifies that the display-name in the Asserted-ID header is unconditionally set to the configured ASCII string in the forwarded INVITE message.

asserted-id number set number

(Optional) Specifies that the user part in the Asserted-ID header is unconditionally set to the configured ASCII string in the forwarded INVITE message.

This is exactly what I need. We are not using SIP yet on this CME .. Is there a way to do this without SIP?

Mike

I'm going to look around here a little more and see if we've run into this before. We do quite a few CME's, so maybe someone has seen this before with just POTS connectivity.

Thanks,

Steve

Just as an FYI.-We are running CME 4.0(2).

And our "POTS" is delivered via ISDN PRI.

I was able to find some commands that manipulate the displayed caller ID on the incoming call dial peer using the "clid strip" command , but that removes the part of the caller ID I want to Keep.

Thats about as far as I got.