Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID does not show on Conference IP Phone

peternnaji
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

When I make a PSTN call from a Conference IP Phone, it displays "unknown caller" instead of the calling number. I have already configured "caller-id enable" under voice-port. How can this be rectified.

I am elso experiencing one-way voice when an external (PSTN) call comes to the Phone. Could this be a routing issue. Attached is the show run config and the DN of the IP Phone in concern is 5035. Pls help me out.

1 Reply 1

chrclark
Level 1
Level 1

Based on your description I believe you are talking about the PSTN phone that got called shows "unknown caller". From the looks of your config, it appears that your outbound calls from IP conference phone will go out of voice-port 0/1/0. It appears that the rest of the calls go out of the PRI. On a analog line, telco usually provides the outbound caller ID. The "caller-id enable" provides inbound caller ID from the telco. Telco might not be sending the caller ID for this line. I suggest that you plug an analog phone set into it and see if you get caller ID when placing a call.

You can also run "debug voip dialpeer" to check the dialpeer selection based on digits dialed, etc.

One-way voice can easily be a routing issue. Check to see if the GW can ping the IP phone.

Hope this helps,

Chris