cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID Manipulation based on called party Area Code

KT4RJN
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new Sales department and they want to be able to call 6 different areas, in which we have a local presence, and have a local number show up for Caller ID and return calls. I have setup a separate Partition and CSS for these users, which will send calls out our SIP trunk. I need all other calls to show the External Phone Number Mask, as normal

I have tried using the Calling Party Transformation in the route pattern to achieve this. I've added it to the Sales partition. I also tried using translation patterns. The "

Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask" box is unchecked in both scenarios. I need to get this completed before I brief them on it tomorrow. The External Phone Number Mask field is empty on my test extension. The far end sees the extension of that phone, and not the intended local number.

Any help?

Thanks in advance

- Jonathan Beardsley

- Jonathan Beardsley
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You're on the right track, use a separate RP for those users,and that area code, and change the calling party number there.

Make sure the RG/RL does not overwrite this with something else.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

Partition order is only used as a tie breaker when equally good matches are found, is that the case???

If not, then yes, best match will be used, no matter what.

If your new RP is not the best match, then you'll need to adjust it.

HTH

java

HTH

java

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You're on the right track, use a separate RP for those users,and that area code, and change the calling party number there.

Make sure the RG/RL does not overwrite this with something else.

HTH

java

HTH

java

In the CSS, there are other RP's that include less specific Long Distance Routes. Won't the more specific routes win first, especially if the sales partition is listed first in the CSS?

I am using a "Sales" Route Partition for the specific Route Patterns for Sales.

- Jonathan Beardsley

- Jonathan Beardsley

Partition order is only used as a tie breaker when equally good matches are found, is that the case???

If not, then yes, best match will be used, no matter what.

If your new RP is not the best match, then you'll need to adjust it.

HTH

java

HTH

java

No, the Route Pattern should be more specific than any other pattern in the entire system, much less the CSS.

Thanks.

- Jonathan Beardsley

- Jonathan Beardsley

Ah, I didn't set the line for the route partition. This will require some more thought, but should just be able to add the new route partition to the standard calling search spaces, so that the extensions can still be reached normally.

- Jonathan Beardsley

- Jonathan Beardsley

KT4RJN
Level 1
Level 1

The problem, for me, was that the "Use External Phone  Number Mask" box was checked on teh Route Group, overriding other  changes.

So, I built separate RG, RL, and Route  Patterns to achieve my goals, applying the Calling Party Transformation  on the Route Pattern, thus applying different CallerID per area code of  called party.

Thanks!

- Jonathan Beardsley

- Jonathan Beardsley
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: