Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

caller-id not showing

Hi, I have obserevd that on my ccme router when an external call comes in, it does not show the caller-id. It rather shows the destination-pattern number on the fxo port through which it came in. I have caller-id enabled on the port. Plerase how can this be resolved

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tony Huynh
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Most likely what is happening is that an incoming call is showing the caller-id as actually the destination-pattern for the dial-peer that maps to your fxo port. In order to change this, you could make a dial-peer that points to that voice-port, with no destination-pattern, and make sure "incoming called-number ." is configured.

Also, if you have ?caller-id enable? configured already, make sure you do a shut/no shut and see if this fixes the problem. If it doesn?t then you have to see if caller-id is coming in on the line ? you can check this by enabling the following debug:

Debug vpm signal

If caller-id is being presented during an inbound call, it will show up in the debug

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

sbilgi
Level 5
Level 5

I suspect that the problem you are dealing with comes from your 'transfer-system full-consult' and tcl script you are using doesn't pass it on.

Tony Huynh
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Most likely what is happening is that an incoming call is showing the caller-id as actually the destination-pattern for the dial-peer that maps to your fxo port. In order to change this, you could make a dial-peer that points to that voice-port, with no destination-pattern, and make sure "incoming called-number ." is configured.

Also, if you have ?caller-id enable? configured already, make sure you do a shut/no shut and see if this fixes the problem. If it doesn?t then you have to see if caller-id is coming in on the line ? you can check this by enabling the following debug:

Debug vpm signal

If caller-id is being presented during an inbound call, it will show up in the debug

Thanks, when I did the debug, I got this in one of the lines

an 5 10:08:22.171: [2/0/0] get_fxo_caller_id:Caller ID receive failed. parseC

allerIDString:no data.

So I guess the caller id is not been passed to the FXO port from the PSTN...

Thanks man

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: