cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID on Digital T1 CAS

joel
Level 1
Level 1

I have a T1 CAS (nowhere close to a PRI)

It has 24 channels used for Voice / FAX / General VM. When calls are made outside, calls go out of the available channel and displays the number of the channel.

e.g. I dial a phone, the next available line was a fax line and it dials out, when the caller redials they get a fax tone.

IS THERE A WAY TO MASK THE CALLER ID on a T1 CAS.

3 Replies 3

shane.orr
Level 4
Level 4

fgd-eana is the only type of T1 CAS signalling that will support any type of ANI (Calling Number) and a lot of times that type of signalling is not available from the TELCO. The best you can do is request and see if the TELCO can either mask all channels to one single billing telephone number when a call is made or force unknown as the caller number on all channels if they can or are willing to do that.

Otherwise a PRI is required to mask caller number.

The other CAS signalling that supports CLID is E&M-FGB, so check if you can have that.

But as Shane said the best wold be PRI, by far.

Guys thanks for the replies.

That is what I see from the Cisco docs that I cannot get Caller ID on any other type that E&M-FGB and eana.

I have this customer configured for fxo-ground-start and Caller ID working for incoming and outgoing. What I need is to modify the caller ID. I want to see if someone who has a T1 CAS has ever been able to play with this and manipulate the caller ID.

CURRENT CONFIG:

--------------

controller T1 0/0/0

framing esf

linecode b8zs

ds0-group 0 timeslots 24 type fxo-ground-start

voice-port 0/0/0:0

ring number 2 (THIS IS WHAT ENABLES CALLER ID)

output attenuation 0

connection plar 1000

caller-id enable