cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID on FXO port with line reversal signal

sachin.gawli
Level 1
Level 1

Currenlty I am running Cisco 2811 router with CCME 4.1 with SP services IOS 12.4.

I am facing the problem with Caller ID. My service provider is sending caller id information correctly with line reversal signal. But Fxo port does detect that line reversal signal and gives message saying that may due to cross cable. It does not recieved call id information from provider. According to Cisco documenatation to enable line reversal caller id we need to pre allocate DSP to FXO port and given the command also. But i am not able to get that command in version 12.4.

Is anybody ahs done similar configuration for caller ID.

I done "debug VPM signal all" and attached the output also.

2 Replies 2

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

Is your GW configured for H.323 or MGCP? Keep in mind that FXO does not support caller ID if you are using MGCP...

Yes Sir,

This gw router is acting at CCME router. So there is only h323. No mgcp is configured. From the Documentation I found that The caller ID sent from the provider is using line reversal signal to indicate that its sending Caller ID Info. But bydefault FxO port does not detect that when its on hook. So we need to pre allocate DSP resource to FxO port. The command to configure this feature was available on Cisco 2600/3600 router. But this command is not available with altest 12.4 IOS on Cisco 2800/3800 Router.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: