cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller-ID outbound on MGCP gateway FXO

stevesloat
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 8.5 CUCM and 11 2811 MGCP gateways. I am trying to set the caller id out-bound on the FXO ports to be the same number that is on each voice por 0/0/0. The routers have 12.4.24 IOS running on them. Can this be done.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No. There is no "outbond CLID" on FXO circuit. Only telco can set which number to show.

View solution in original post

Hi

Paolo is correct. You cannot modify the CLI, it's applied at the telco exchange where the 'port' you are connecting to actually is.

You can modify outbound CLI (within parameters set by the telco, typically that the CLID matches an inbound DDI range or other number assigned to that particular circuit) on digital circuits e.g. PRI/BRI.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No. There is no "outbond CLID" on FXO circuit. Only telco can set which number to show.

stevesloat
Level 1
Level 1

Paolo,  Thank you for your reply.  I am told you can manipulate the outbound CLID on a FXO port using H323. I am also told my company has CM 8.5 using MGCP on a 2901 router with FXO ports and 15.1 IOS and they are changing the CLID outbound. I talked to the tech who did it and tried what he did but no luck.

Hi

Paolo is correct. You cannot modify the CLI, it's applied at the telco exchange where the 'port' you are connecting to actually is.

You can modify outbound CLI (within parameters set by the telco, typically that the CLID matches an inbound DDI range or other number assigned to that particular circuit) on digital circuits e.g. PRI/BRI.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Paolo and Aaron,

Thank you both. I talked to the person in Ohio and he said he was trying to get CLID inbound and that was what the H323 and MGCP  was doing.  I just replaced a 6.1 CM with a 8.5 CM and the customer said all thier outbound calls would ID as the Main number from that site. I told them you can not change the OLI on a POTS line but they were very sure about this. I will tell them that there is no way to do this unless you have a PRI. Again thank you both.

Correct. What they claim to be able to do would be correctly called CLID spoofing.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck.