cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID over E1 QSIG

kegodfrey
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I've got a problem with caller-id across a QSIG link. The QSIG connects an MD110 and Cisco 2800 H323 voice gateway. The PBX has caller id enabled and is sending digits across the link, when I enter in debug isdn q931 I can see the digits being received.

I've enabled supplementary services pass-through on the relevant dial-peers and ISDN serial ports on the Cisco, but still I dont see the caller id digits from user's on the PBX side when the UCM 6.1 IPT phone rings. Has anyone any ideas? The gateway is registered to the UCM using H323.

3 Replies 3

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Is it an Avaya PBX? Change the Codeset from "6" to "0" and set the Supplementary Service Protocol to "a" in the trunk configuration page. Also do the following in the GW:

Serial0/0:XX

isdn supp-service name calling

If this doesn't help, I would recommand to use MGCP btw the CCM and the 2800 GW and QSIG btw 2800 GW and PBX.

MK

Thanks for getting back to me MK, its an Ericsson MD110. I think I'm going to have to use MGCP between the CCM and the GW to resolve. I read a couple of docs last night that seemed to point in this direction. Thanks again.

Hi K-

Did you get the name caller id issue resolved? I have a client that wants calling name delivery from Ericsson to callmanager 6.x. Please reply with results or docs on how to get it working. Thanks....

Tuan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: