Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Caller ID problem, 2 DID range on two seperate e1 Pri

Ok, so, I found why half the office users caller ID's work and the other half's caller ID shows some other number other then their DID number. The problem is that 1/2 our DID's are on one PRI and the other 1/2 is on another PRI.

8001 - 8147 Serial 0/0/0 - MAIN Number is 8320

8148 - 8599 Serial 0/0/1 - Main Number is 8915

Above are the DID ranges on their respected PRI. It looks like no matter what happens, the calls go out Se0/0/0 and will only go out SE0/1/0 if the calls over flow. Which is very unlikely.

I have attached my config, I am hoping someone can assist me in providing a solution as it is very critical that caller ID works. Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

Re: Caller ID problem, 2 DID range on two seperate e1 Pri

Hi,

I believe you can use translation profiles to achieve this. After some thinking this is what I came up with. Test it and let us know ho wit goes...

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^0/ /10/

!

voice translation-rule 2

rule 1 /^0/ /20/

voice translation-profile DID1

translate called 1

!

voice translation-profile DID2

translate called 2

!

ephone-dn 1 dual-line

number 8005

label 55458005

description 8005- Reception

name Reception

translation-profile incoming DID1

call-forward busy 55458295

call-forward noan 55458295 timeout 20

corlist incoming InternatlCSS

!

ephone-dn 2 dual-line

number 8250

label 55458250

description 8250-Charles Cerminara

name Charles Cerminara

translation-profile incoming DID2

call-forward busy 55458295

call-forward noan 55458295 timeout 20

corlist incoming InternatlCSS

!

dial-peer voice 110 pots

corlist outgoing LocalPT

description first choice - local dialing

translation-profile outgoing CallingID

destination-pattern 10T

port 0/0/0:23

!

dial-peer voice 111 pots

corlist outgoing LocalPT

description second choice - local dialing

translation-profile outgoing CallingID

destination-pattern 20T

port 0/0/1:23

What we are doing here is using translation rules to append 1 and 2 to the called number so that we can route them to the appriopriate POTS port.

The rule is then applied to the desired ephone-dn.Hence when a user on DN 8005 calls 0XXXXX, the translation profile on the ephone-dn appends a 1 to it and sends the call to dial-peer 110 Pots with se0/0/0 circuit and the same goes for user 8250 where the xlation profile appends a 2 and sends the call to se 0/0/1.

HTH

Please rate all useful posts "The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: Caller ID problem, 2 DID range on two seperate e1 Pri

It's not a difficult problem if telco can accept any DID of your using either PRIs. You may have to ask this explicitly and insist.

After you just set the two PRI in a trunk-group with hunt-scheme round-robin or least-used.

Views
Helpful
Replies