Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID shows as "Unkonwn Number"

jeffshen1215
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

There is a Caller ID issue happened recently in our CM 4 system.

Previously, all our outgoing calls have been configured to send out the caller ID of company's primary phone number.

But now it shows "unknown number" on far end. I called our CO line provider, but no changes had been made on their end. (Not sure if any setting been changed in our CM)

The funny thing is, when I set a call forward all to my cell phone, the caller ID appears again. (caller ID only works when call forward is activating)

I can not figure out how this happens.

Can some one teach me how to make a troubleshoot?

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Hello,

Try checking your route group configuration. Look for the field under Outbound Calls that says "Calling Line ID Presentation". See if it is set to restricted. Also, check under the PRI configuration, there is an identical field there as well.

Hope that helped, if so please rate.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

i'd start by running a debug isdn q931 to see if the CLID is being sent on the setup message and know whether this is indeed a cucm issue or if someone along the way is blocking it

maybe not your telco, but the telco on the far side

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: