Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller Name ID

bigcappa1
Level 4
Level 4

Guys,

Got a question on caller name I'd. I have an office that wanted the main number only sent out for the number caller id. So no problem, put this number on the gateway for outbound calls, and removed the use of the end user mask. Now the office want a singular name sent out on the caller name ID. So they want my "My Company 1235556541". The docs I find day I can do this on the route pattern. But I am using a common set of route patterns, due to local route group setup, so don't really want to create a separate set of patterns for this one office..

So what's the best way to send out a single caller name Id in the way we can send out the caller number id.

Thanks

Paul

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You have no control over this, your telco provider assigns the calling name based on the number, so you will need to work with carrier to display the name you want, however pretty much all of them will only allow you to use one name per the trunk group.  With SIP trunk providers you may have more luck.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

Chris Deren wrote:

You have no control over this, your telco provider assigns the calling name based on the number, so you will need to work with carrier to display the name you want, however pretty much all of them will only allow you to use one name per the trunk group.  With SIP trunk providers you may have more luck.

HTH,

Chris

That is the case in the US, but not in Canada.

Over there, it's customer responsability to set the calling name that he wants, and telco won't touch it.

So if the OP is in Canada, it's normal that he has the need to set the callin name on a per-DN basis.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

HTH,

Chris

Chris Deren wrote:

HTH,

Chris

That is the case in the US, but not in Canada.

Over there, it's customer responsability to set the calling name that he wants, and telco won't touch it.

So if the OP is in Canada, it's normal that he has the need to set the callin name on a per-DN basis.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: