cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

callerID issue for CME 4.0

jjoseph01
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all. I have an issue I need some help with. I have a CME version 4.0 and at this point in time, when I callfwdall my office phone to my cell phone, and someone calls my DID number at the office, the callID number that shows up is my office number, instead of the person actually calling me. Is there a way to fix this, to where the actual caller shows at the callID instead of my office number showing as the callID?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, ask your telco if they are OK with sending an arbitrary calling number and present it to the called party.

That is only allowed in some parts of North America for PRI customers, where evidently they are not concerned about people pretending to be calling from the White House or something like that.

Please rate post if it helps!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, ask your telco if they are OK with sending an arbitrary calling number and present it to the called party.

That is only allowed in some parts of North America for PRI customers, where evidently they are not concerned about people pretending to be calling from the White House or something like that.

Please rate post if it helps!

Yeah, you are right. I forgot about that. Seems like I looked into this before and couldnt do it. Thanks, I appreciate it.

You're welcome, thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: