Views
Helpful
Replies

CallFwdAll With Activating Device/Line CSS

blibin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a question related to CallFwdAll With Activating Device/Line CSS. Will it get activated only when the users press the CallFwdAll softkey on the phone? The administrators cannot update the line settings to reflect the setting as below and make the CallFwdAll working?

Calling Search Space Activation Policy : With Activating Device/Line CSS

: Line CSS

Secondary Calling Search Space for Forward All : Device CSS

Thanks,

Libin Benedict

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Libin,

I actually think you are seeing this Bug/Enhancement that has no

"fixed-in" version

Call Forward Policy set to Activating Device/Line CSS from GUI

CSCtd23479

Cheers!

Rob

"Your life is worth much more than gold." 

- Bob Marley

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Please refer to this to understand how this works..

Call Forward and Call Pickup Settings

Calling Search Space Activation Policy

Three possible values exist for this option:

Use System Default

With Configured CSS

With Activating Device/Line CSS

If you select the With Configured CSS option, the Forward All Calling Search Space that is explicitly configured in the Directory Number Configuration window controls the forward all activation and call forwarding. If the Forward All Calling Search Space is set to None, no CSS gets configured for Forward All. A forward all activation attempt to any directory number with a partition will fail. No change in the Forward All Calling Search Space and Secondary Calling Search Space for Forward All occurs during the forward all activation.

If you prefer to utilize the combination of the Directory Number Calling Search Space and Device Calling Search Space without explicitly configuring a Forward All Calling Search Space, select With Activating Device/Line CSS for the Calling Search Space Activation Policy. With this option, when Forward All is activated from the phone, the Forward All Calling Search Space and Secondary Calling Search Space for Forward All automatically gets populated with the Directory Number Calling Search Space and Device Calling Search Space for the activating device.

With this configuration (Calling Search Space Activation Policy set to With Activating Device/Line), if the Forward All Calling Search Space is set to None, when forward all is activated through the phone, the combination of Directory Number Calling Search Space and activating Device Calling Search Space gets used to verify the forward all attempt.

If you configure the Calling Search Space Activation Policy to Use System Default, then the CFA CSS Activation Policy cluster-wide service parameter determines which Forward All Calling Search space will be used. If the CFA CSS Activation Policy service parameter gets set to With Configured CSS, then Forward All Calling Search Space and Secondary Calling Search Space for Forward All will be used for Call Forwarding. If CFA CSS Activation Policy service parameter gets set to With Activating Device/Line CSS, then Forward All Calling Search Space and Secondary Calling Search Space for Forward All will be automatically populated with the Directory Number Calling Search Space and Device Calling Search Space for the activating device.

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Hi aokanlawon,

Thanks for the reply.

My query is that when the adminstrator updates the policy, the primary call forward all CSS and secondary CSS through the ccmadmin page without the user actually pressing the softkey, will the call forward work?

I tried it in my network and it was not working.

Thanks,

Libin Benedict

The policy gets applied when the call forward all softkey is pressed or when a cfall destination is applied through the admin page on the cucm web interface

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Hi,

It was not working for me when I applied it through ccmadmin page. The same number is reachable from the phone if it is dialed directly. I am not able to figure out what is going wrong here.

Regards,

Libin

I am sure this is down to configuration error. You should start by looking at just using a specific CSS on the cfdall css and work your way through....Ensure that the correct Dev css and line css are applied to the phone you are testing on

Hi,

This is actually working on other phones with the same config and Cfwdall activated through phone softkey. But not working when it is first done via ccmadmin.

Regards,

Libin

HI Libin,

Just to add a note to the great help from my friend Deji here (+5 "D")

Can you please provide your CUCM version

Cheers!

Rob

- Bob Marley

Plz try this

With Activating Device/Line CSS as a policy

And choose the suitable Forward All CSS with the destination

Regards

Haitham

Hi Rob,

The CUCM version is 8.5.1.16102-1.

Regards,

Libin

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Libin,

I actually think you are seeing this Bug/Enhancement that has no

"fixed-in" version

Call Forward Policy set to Activating Device/Line CSS from GUI

CSCtd23479

Cheers!

Rob

- Bob Marley

Thanks Rob. I think no one might have noticed it since users are mostly doing it from their phone itself.

Regards,

Libin

Hi Libin,

You are most welcome my friend I think you're quite right in

saying that this would be a fairly obscure instance that would not

manifest itself very often. Likely why there is no fix.

Cheers!

Rob

- Bob Marley

Excellent as usual! My great friend! Great find (+5) We need to bring higher ratings to CSC..This should be +10

Hey Deji,

Thanks so much for your kind words buddy! Working with kind people

like you is one of the reasons I keep coming back to CSC

Cheers!

Rob

- Bob Marley

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: