Views
Helpful
Replies

Calling Name Presentation

sat.datos.mdtel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I need your help.

I have an UCM 6.1. I have configured in "Users Management--End User " field many of our clients with his First Name, Last Name and Telephone Number.

Thus when in my company we are going to call some client we search in the corporate directory for Last Name or First Name and dial. Now I would like that when these clients called to my company the client´s name were presented in the telephones and not the number of telephone. I would like that UCM worked of form similar to a mobile (in a mobile when someone who is in my agenda call me appears his name in the inbound call and not hisnumber).

This would be possible. It is very important for me.

I do not know if my explication was clear.

I am sorry if it wasn´t like that

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This was asked recently in another thread and i think if you use the search box you should find the answer easily.

Hello again. I forget to say that the calls come over a PRI E1 and that my gateway is MGCP. I would like to configure this for many numbers (so many numbers like clients I have).

I have seen a similar case in the forum where is recommended to configure on the voice port:

voice-port 0/0/0:0

station-id [name] | [number]

and due to the fact that the gateway is MGCP

in CUCM to do to Port configuration of the E1 specifying Caller ID DN.

Would I have to do this?. I am not sure.

Might you help me?

Hello again. I forget to say that the calls come over a PRI E1 and that my gateway is MGCP. I would like to configure this for many numbers (so many numbers like clients I have).

I have seen a similar case in the forum where is recommended to configure on the voice port:

voice-port 0/0/0:0

station-id [name] | [number]

and due to the fact that the gateway is MGCP

in CUCM to do to Port configuration of the E1 specifying Caller ID DN.

Would I have to do this?. I am not sure.

Might you help me?

Here is the answer I was refering to:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40^1%40%40.2cd2e39c/1#selected_message

The alternative is that you switch to H.323 and possibly use one of the script that I wrote.

Hi p.bevilacqua, thank you for your help.

Of the alternatives that I have read in the link that you have indicated me I prefer to switch to H323 and to use your script due to the fact that I do not understand as the other alternative could work in this case (Unified Mobility).

But I need that you me clarify some doubts.

I have never loaded a script TCL in a gateway and I would like to load the script that you wrote.

When I create CSV file with some sample records, would it be nice with this format?.

1,913346188,Raul

2,917502233,Juan

Might I do this for a great quantity of records?. Approximately 10.000 records.

Another thing, in your script I have read that:

"The script is been written to work around enhancement request CSCef51564 * (FGD not supported on ISR platforms), in order to support ANI on T1 CAS. For the names, it use CSV file formatted like "bulk list""

and in the router configuration(h323):

"application

servicenum2nameflash:/IVR/number2name.tcl

param list-file flash:/bulklist.txt "

and I have a doubt.

It would be

"param list-file flash:/bulklist.csv " or

" param list-file flash:/bulklist.txt ".

Another thing, in your script I have read that:

"The script is been written to work around enhancement request CSCef51564 * (FGD not supported on ISR platforms), in order to support ANI on T1 CAS. For the names, it use CSV file formatted like "bulk list""

and in the router configuration(h323):

"application

servicenum2nameflash:/IVR/number2name.tcl

param list-file flash:/bulklist.txt "

and I have a doubt.

It would be

"param list-file flash:/bulklist.csv " or

" param list-file flash:/bulklist.txt ".