Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Calling number to name translation

Hey all,

this is an issue that's come up with an install with a customer of mine right now. It's a major problem for them as they have a LOT of speed dials. They've migrated from UCME where, of course, this was done through speed-dial lists. It's a another one of those crazy functionalities (like paging for example) that customers lose when they "upgrade" to full UCM. It's becoming particularily problematic as we complete the push to BE6K.

Is it something that's in v10? Also, if not, then can anyone recommend a bit of software? There are some scripts out there I've seen that you can buy, but TCL isn't really an option for this customer as they're not IOS literate.

Thanks

David

edit:nope, not in v10. Any good software partners that don't break the bank anyone's got experience of?

• IP Telephony
6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

I could not understand your question.. What is Calling number to name translation ?

What issue are they facing exactly?

What is the cucm version?

Br,
Nadeem 

Please rate all useful post.

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

Re: Calling number to name translation

A call comes in from a number, the system does a lookup on the number and get's a name against it and shows the calling name on the phone.

Think like Jabber does with Outlook contacts, but on a deskphone. UCME does this with directory speed-dials. UCM has no similar functionality. One of those crazy functions people lose when buying a more "advanced" system, like paging.

edit: version 9.1.1 btw, same on every version though.

Cisco Employee

No, there's no version of CUCM with that feature. Paolo has a script for that, and with CUCM you get informacast for paging.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

Yep, as I say, TCL isn't a solution for this customer so Paulo's script is no good for this. We need a product that can do it. I've had a couple of recommendations from our SE, but they're both directory replacements, which is expensive and massive overkill. Does anyone out there have any experience of any products to do it?

This is just such a simple thing, it seems nuts to me that it hasnt been implemented. If we can do LDAP lookups on Jabber, why not natively in UCM for caller-name?

For CUCM , the only way to convert number to name (for internal number only)  is to change "Display (Internal Caller ID)" on each phone line individually. There is no such feature like CME speed dial list in CUCM.

Thanks

Manish

Rate all the helpful post.

That's internal only

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.