cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling Party Transformation Mask apply to fqcn instead of the cn

Hi

I have the following call flow:

IP Phone A --SCCP --> CUCM ---> SIP ---> CUBE --> SIP Provider

I need to prefix a code on the External Phone Number Mas before the call is send to the CUBE. I tried to use the Calling Party Transformation Pattern but it use the cn to match instead of the fqcn.

Is there a way to use the fqcn ?

Weird part is that in DNA Analysis, it shows that applies the change (in the Transformed Calling Party field)

CUCM 9.1.2

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

Calling Party Transformation Mask apply to fqcn instead of the c

You can use a translation pattern to turn on External Number mask first before hitting your route patterns.  That way you can then do Calling Number Transformation matching the fqcn.

4 REPLIES

HI,

There is a BIG difference between Calling party transformation, and Translation patters.

Why do you rather than do that, make the change on the RL or RP level. (RP/RL used for cube).

You can also put a TP in the flow, before matches the RP.

From there you can chose external phoen number mask, or event mask it to a fix number so the CUBE can handle the call just fine.

Let me know if you will like me to elavorate more.

Please kudos if it help.

Please Kudos/rate if this help!
VIP Super Bronze

I agree with Jose, doing it at the RL level is a much better approach. I doubt if you can even do this with external number mask. This is a mask not the calling number, hence your calling party transofrmation is not likely to match

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts "The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"
Silver

You can use a translation pattern to turn on External Number mask first before hitting your route patterns.  That way you can then do Calling Number Transformation matching the fqcn.

Thanks All for the answers.

The problem was that the Translation Pattern didn't have the External Number Mask checked.

Basically the call hits a Translation  Pattern (that globalizes the called number), then it hits the Route  Pattern (which has the External Number Mask checked) from there it goes  to the CUBE RP/RL

So it looks like in this call flow:

TP ---> RP --> RL --> RG --> GW

Even if it has the External Phone checked at the RP  level, it takes precedence whatever manipulation is done at the TP and  is the value used as the cn=

Regards

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content