cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager 3.3(3) signed 7960 phone load - upgrade

andy_vvc2
Level 1
Level 1

As part of the pre-upgrade requirements before we migrate to CUCMv6.1, i have been advised by our vendors that i need to update the XML phone load on all our 7960 phones prior to migration. This is because they are currently running load: P0303030401 which isnt signed. v6.1 will push signed loads which means i cant roll back to CCM3.3(3) (if we need to).

The suggested load is: P00303030303. I have read the doco for it (http://www.cisco.com/web/software/Voice/html/cmterm-7940-7960.P003-3-3-3-Readme.html) The doco doesnt show any 'signed' notes, and is also (seemingly?) older than the version we are running?!? (303 compared to 401)

Anyone able to shed light on v3.3(3) compatible phone loads that are signed? The Cisco site is clear-as-mud when it comes to accurately finding things :o) Filnames don't match the description of the loads etc.

Any assistance appreciated.

Many thanks

Oh - i should point out that we run Skinny (SCCP) as the load on the phones at present.

Second oh :) - when i intall the ccmterm file for the new XML load on the Publisher, i should then be able to click 'update' on the "Device Defaults" page within the Admin GUI. 7960 default load will change to the newly installed version...? (ie P00xxxxxxxxx)

How do i change this back if i need to? Do i manually enter the 'old' P0303030401 number in the field and hit 'update'....?

3 Replies 3

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

Before upgrading to the signed version of IP phone load, the phones must be loaded with the unsigned version.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7960g_7940g/firmware/5_0_3/english/release/notes/50_300rn.html

I couldn't find any info on first loading an 'unsigned' version of the App Load for the phones. Surely Cisco do not supply 'unsigned' versions of their newer 'signed' phone loads?

Ive tested the load (P00308000900 - from cmterm-7940-7960.8-0-9.exe) on several phones by forcing them to use that Device Load on the "Device Profile" window for each individual phone - it seems to work ok. Phone functions correctly after being upgraded.

Hi Andy,

As your testing indicates, you should be good to go here without any mid-point step. We upgraded many phones running an "old" 3-0-4-0 load to signed 8-0-7 without issues.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: