Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

callmanager 4.1.3 backup and recovery

callmanager service and CTI service can't start after a power surge from UPS (faulty) and i need to restore the system. I have the following questions:

1.Can you recover the callmanager database from mssql database backup only?

2. If i upgrade the corrupt callmanager 4.1 to 4.2 will this perhaps rectify the corrupt files. i.e since the upgrade will over write the files.

regards.

1 REPLY
Gold

Re: callmanager 4.1.3 backup and recovery

1. You cannot restore your CM using SQL backup only. You would BARS backup to restore the system once CM has been re-installed on the box. Since the backup contains failes, database backup and registry backup as well, only using SQL would not work.

2. The only supported way to restore if u have a failed upgrade would to go CM 4.1 and then do a BARS restore. Since a lot of files are replaced and the backup process does not take a backup of all the files needed. Therefore, you might have to re-install CM 4.1 (Depending on which stage the upgrade failed) and then do a restore

Views
Helpful
Replies