cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager 5.1 can't forward to voicemail / call forward

jecker
Level 1
Level 1

I have CallManager 5.11b right out of the box. Has anyone seen an issue where you cannot call forward all or forward to voicemail. I have checked partitions and CSS and they are fine. I can hit the messages button on the phone and it works fine, but if I try to do a cfwall it will not work and it gets the "Call Cannot be completed as dialed." Even when someone else calls the phone and there is a ring no answer, i get the same message. I know it sounds like a CSS issue, but it is not. Any ideas?

5 Replies 5

sdeal
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the exact same issues. I tried to setup a Route Point for the Unity Greeting Admin, then started testing the CFA on phones even the No answer with the VM box checked, will not go to VM. Now if you put the VM pilot in CFA it works fine.

sdeal@netelligent.com

You problem looks more like you have not set a correct VM profile on the line. If you can get to VM via the pilot point number but not the VM check box would indicate that.......

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jesse/Steve,

Maybe you are hitting this bug;

CSCse57203 Bug Details

Call Forward stops functioning after Line description added

Symptom

Call Forward No Answer/Busy stops functioning after Line Description added. The phone still displays that it is forwarding but it is not working any more.

Conditions

Seen with CallManager 5.0(4) may alos be present with earlier versions

Workaround

delete Call Forward settings in Destination strings of the Call Forward and Call Pick up settings paragraph, save it, create them there again, save them.

1st Found-In

5.1(0.9901.31)

Fixed-In

5.1(0.9901.127)

5.1(1.2000.2)

5.1(1.1000.7)

Hope this helps!

Rob

trevis.brian
Level 1
Level 1

Erm,

You have specified a CFNA CSS haven't you? The combined CSS of line+phone is different to the CSS of CFNA. Being able to dial the VM pilot does not mean that youe can CFNA to VM..........

Dear All,

I and our colleague have the same issue on two sites. Both sites are running CM5.1b.

TAC replied the issue is caused by bug ID CSCsh18194.

The workaround is unchecked the busy no ans. box and click update; and undo preious step and click update. It will solve this issue.

TAC provided us a SR cisco-ipt-k9-patch5.1.1.3112-4.tar.gz.sgn(485184KB size), we had put it in a testing server, it solve the issue.

The CM was upgraded and the issue was solved.

My colleague will put it on end user's production server today.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: