cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager 5.1 drive activity

b_ferguson
Level 1
Level 1

On the OS Administration page, I see 3 lines that look like this.

Total Free Used

Disk/active 12317944K 900628K 10791588K (93%)

Disk/inactive 12317912K 9827636K 1864548K (16%)

Disk/logging 43090196K 15817756K 25083588K (62%)

Is this normal to see the active disk at 93% used?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

Yes, this is normal behaviour with CM 5.x. I've seen over 20-30 5.1 servers where the disk utilization is wither 92 or 93%. I've confirmed the same with new installs without having added/changed any setting on the box.

With the active partition around with 93% utilization is normal.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

Yes, this is normal behaviour with CM 5.x. I've seen over 20-30 5.1 servers where the disk utilization is wither 92 or 93%. I've confirmed the same with new installs without having added/changed any setting on the box.

With the active partition around with 93% utilization is normal.

Great, exactly the response I wanted to see. Thanks again for your help..

Mahesh,

Not sure if this is something Operations Manager team knows about. If you look at Operations Manager alerts, you will see a bunch of alerts talking about disk space utilization in CM 5.x. If this is a known issue, then Ops Manager team needs to flag this alert as informational and not a critical error.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Hi Shankar,

I've not used Operations Manager and therefore would not be able to comment on how it works. But if this is being highlighted in Operations Manager, then yes it for sure needs to be looked into.

Thanks for the information. I'll get this information across to the right set of guys to comment on it.

Shankar,

Would it be possible for you to attach one of those errors from Ops Mgr to this thread

I think that we are talking about the same error message. Attached is the one that I get in Unified Operations Manager. Shankar, I don't know if this is the same error message that you are referring to as well.

This is exactly what I needed. Thanks.

Looks like OM BU is already aware of it and would be fixed in OM version 2.1. Plz check CSCsh07060.

Looks like the version you need to use with CM 5.x would be OM 2.1