cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager 6.1(2) - Time-Of-Day fax routing?

andy_vvc2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Is it possible to effect any kind of "Time of Day" routing on faxes connected via a VG248 to CUCM6.1(2)?

We have a dept here at work who need to divert ther fax during their UK 'closed' hours to an alternate vendor to handle any incoming faxes. When they re-open the following day, the fax should route to the UK number etc.

I will be speaking with our hardware vendor to see if this can be achieved on the fax unit itself (ie calls forward during certain hours).

Is this possible via CUCM at all?

My third option might be at Carrier Level to get our Telco to do some cloud based Time-of-Day routing perhaps?

Thoughts appreciated.

Rgds

5 Replies 5

andy_vvc2
Level 1
Level 1

Apologies:

Call Routing

Time Period

Time Schedule

Partition

CSS

Looks like i set a time period that is required, then apply that to a schedule.

The schedule gets applied to a new partition, the partition to a new CSS that the fax in question can be put in.

I guess i can select alternate phone destinations for the time period when i create it?

Ok, looks like i am stuck :o)

I can create a Time Period and Time Schedule. These will control when the number in question can be called (i assume). I can link these to new Partitions and CSS for the fax in question.

How do i sort out the "out of hours" period so that the fax calls forward to an alternae location to be handled in that period? I cant see any obvious menu as part of the Time settings.

Is this as awkward as having to apply a Translation Pattern to the "out of hours" period of the time schedule so that the Translation Pattern "translates" the original fax number if anyone calls it in the Out of Hours period, ad forwards it to an alternate destination?

That is correct. You will need a translation created for the off hours partition and sent to the correct destination during that period.

Thanks Kelvin.

I have been advised that there are three time periods (over the week) where the fax needs to divert to the alternate number.

As such, I have created:

THREE Time Periods to cover the three divert periods.

ONE Time Schedule linked to the three Time Periods.

ONE new Partition linked to the Time Schedule.

ONE new CSS linked to the Partition and allowing International dialling (divert is to a foreign country)

Am i correct in assuming that if i now set up a "Translation Pattern" which translates the 4 digit fax extension to the FULL international number it needs to divert to, all i then need to do is link that to the NEW CSS and (in theory) during the time periods i have setup it will use the Translation Pattern and divert the fax?

I assume *normal* calls to the fax outside of my defined Time Periods will remain untouched and will continue to work? With this in mind, how do i convince CM that it should prioritise the Time Period CSS over the standard CSS that the fax lne sits in, during the given Time Periods...? Do Translation Patterns have priority over *normal* numbers in CM, thus the Trans Pattern takes preceedence during the divert Time Periods?

Thoughts appreciated.

Translation patterns are matched first before normal patterns. As long as you have setup the partitions correctly, Then they will activate and deactivate according to schedule. You need to make sure that you place the 4 digit number in each one of the partitions that you created for those time periods and associate a CSS that has the ability to make the redirect call.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: