cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager 6.1 SIP trunk to sr140 -brooktrout

steelcity39
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to get a sip trunk in 6.1 to talk to a brooktrout sr140 (rightfax) card. Have the sip trunk built in CCM and on the sr140 however we only get fast busy. Can anyone provide a link to a setup or troubleshooting doc, or provide some guidance if you have set this up. Thanks

19 Replies 19

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

do you have any route patterns point to go across the sip trunk?

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

yes. we have route patterns setup pointing to the trunks. its almost like the trunk is not active (but no way to tell)

I would make a test call, note the timestamp and collect the trace file, and see, if callmanager tries to set up the call via the trunk.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

spotlight41
Level 1
Level 1

steelcity39,

Any luck configuring this? I am about to start this same project.

no luck yet. did you find a working solution using SIP?

Yes! I had to add translation patterns specific to the DID's for the Rightfax server. Let me know if you need help.

did you use SIP or H323?

This may be helpful for you.

-nick

thank you.

some questions:

do we need to use H323 or can we use SIP?

also, since the DID's are coming in on our MGCP controller gateways, do we need to allow t38 on those gateways?

We used SIP. We had to be sure the "Fax Relay" package was installed on our gateway.

When you do a sh run, do you see the "no mgcp package-capability fxr-package" line? If it is missing, then the fxr-package is enabled. If it is still there first try:

conf t

no mgcp

mgcp

This will force the gateway to reset again. Maybe something happened and the reset from CallManager didn't do anything. If the package is still not correct, then enter the following:

conf t

mgcp package-capability fxr-package

no mgcp

mgcp

exit

Now check again to be sure it's missing. *One note, our IOS version had a bug. When I installed the Fax Relay package and reloaded the gateway, it reverted back to no package being installed, even though I had saved it.

did you need to do anything for the SIP trunk besides setup the trunk in CCM and then setup the sr140 for sip pointing to the IP of the CCM server?

I have the trunk built and a route pattern pointing to the rightfax server, however when I call it goes right to fast busy. looks like the sip trunk is not active..

thanks for your help

is the fxr package installed no your VG?

yes its there

the problem we are having it with the sip trunk itself. we are trying internal calls (from phone to the rightfax) and get immediate fast busy.

here is what we did:

built sip trunk in the CCM to the ip address of the rightfax machine.

created routepattern to point to the sip trunk.

translated numbers to point to route pattern.

when we call the numbers, we get immediate fast busy.. no answer..

any suggestions?

how many digits is the carrier passing to you. That will determine how your translation patterns need to be set.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: