Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CallManager 6 acting likes MTP with specific phone

Hi,

I have a CallManager 6.1.2 in different VLAN that the IP phone. I have to configure IPComunicator to 2 mobile users that connect to corporate network with a VPN. From the VPN the users reach the callmanager but they can reach the IP Phones VLAN, this is for security reason. I need that the callmanager act like MTP with the mobile users's ipcomunicators.

I know that is posible with CallManager Express with the command "mtp" in "ephone x" configuration mode.

I suppose it will be possible with callmanager but I don't find any information about it.

Can you give me any idea about the problem solution?

Thanks for your help.

Regards

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: CallManager 6 acting likes MTP with specific phone

"You can configure Cisco CallManager SIP devices (lines and trunks) to always use an MTP. If the configuration parameters are set to not use an MTP (default case), Cisco CallManager will attempt to dynamically allocate an MTP if the DTMF methods for the call are not compatible. For example, SCCP phones support only out-of-band DTMF, and Cisco SIP phones (model 7905, 7912, 7940, 7960) support RFC2833. Because the DTMF methods are not identical, Cisco CallManager will dynamically allocate an MTP. If, however, a SCCP phone that supports RFC2833 and out-of-band, such as Cisco IP Phone 7971, calls a Cisco SIP IP phone 7940, Cisco CallManager will not allocate an MTP because both phones support RFC2833. By having the same type of DTMF method supported on each phone, no need for an MTP exists."

Views
Helpful
Replies