Views
Helpful
Replies

Callmanager 7.1 Directory

vipankapur1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I want the corporate directory to use all the numbers listed in the callmanager when doing a search.  I would like to know if someone knows how to enable/use the internal  directory listing of all extensions in callamanger to search for users.

I hope the question is clear enough.

Thank you

15 Replies 15

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Only users are listed in CUCM corporate directory, so you would need to build a user for everyone you want listed in there. Alternatively you can look into 3rd party directory applications or build your own.

HTH,

Chris

I have about 100 users listed in callmanager with names and extensions.  How can I use the corporate directory to search for a particular users?  Can you  provide steps or an article that I can reference?

Thank you,

The corporate directory is enabled by default, if your users are populated and have a DN configured you just need to press select the corporate directory from the directories button.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Chris,

When I select corporate directory and put in any of the following parameters, i get an message No Records match

First name

Last Name

Number

Is there a setting I need to set to enable the phone to search all the names, exts listed in Callmanager?  I know the numbers are there as I can see all of them when I go to Device, Phone.

Thanks,

How about if you put in last name for example or few letters for the last name?

Chris

And you need to see them under Users --> End users not devices as devices have nothing to do with corp direcotry.

Chris

When I go under User Management-->End User, I do not see anything, even after clicking the Find button.  When I click Add New, I get the following screen.  Do I need to enter every users information here?

Yes, that's where the corporate directory gets the info from.

Until you populate your users there, you won't get results when searching.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Vipan,

Chris and java are right on the money $$ here (+5 each )

You need to add the users and this can be done in bulk via BAT

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/bat/7_1_2/t04usrov.html

Cheers!

Rob

"Show a little faith, there's magic in the night" - Springsteen

Thank you all for the help.  I have created a .csv file and uploaded it  using the BAT tool.  I do not however see an option to add all the names  to the END USERS list at once.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi.

Inserting Users to Cisco Unified Communications Manager

To add a group of users to the Cisco Unified Communications Manager database, use the following procedure.

Before You Begin

You must have a CSV data file that contains the user names, controlled  device names, and directory numbers. You can create the CSV data file by  using one of these methods:

BAT spreadsheet that is converted to CSV format

Export utility that produces an export file of user data

Procedure

Step 1 Choose Bulk Administration > Users > Insert Users.

The Insert Users Configuration window displays.

Step 2 In the File Name field, choose the CSV data file that you created for this bulk transaction.

Step 3 If the CSV data file was created by using the export utility, check the File created with Export Users check box.

Step 4 From the User Template Name drop-down list box, choose the user template you want to use for this insert.

Note The  User Device Profile, Controlled Device Name, and Directory Number  should already exist in the Cisco Unified Communications Manager  database. The controlled device name should be entered in full. If it  contains only MAC Address, then BAT will display a non-existing device  error.

Step 5 In the Job Information area, enter the Job description.

Step 6 To  insert the user records immediately, click the Run Immediately radio  button. Click Run Later to insert the user records at a later time.

Step 7 To create a job for inserting the user records, click Submit.

Step 8 To schedule and activate this job, use the Job Scheduler option in the Bulk Administration main menu.

For more information on jobs, see the Chapter 67, "Scheduling Jobs."

For information on log files, see "BAT Log Files" section on page 68-3.

Note The field values that you enter in the CSV file for inserting users will override the values provided in the user template.

Note When  you are inserting users by using an exported BAT file, you might get  errors stating "User ID already exists" for some users that were  exported in more than one file. For example, a list of first line  managers and a list of users might both include the same manager user  ID.

Note If  the credential policy has "check for trivial password" enabled, and the  password in the user template is the user ID, inserting users through  BAT may fail if the user ID does not satisfy the necessary criteria for  the trivial password.

Cheers!

Rob

Rob,

Thanks for the quick response.  I have already done the above and the job shows as completed.  But when I go to User Management --> End User, I do not see any names.

These are the feilds that I have in the CSV file.

User IDPasswordPinLast NameFirst NameTelephone Number

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Did you check the log to see if there were any errors with BAT?

Cheers!

Rob

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Here's the format of a .csv I just used to create/insert a user named

Sam Snake This was done using BAT.xlt

FIRST NAME,MIDDLE NAME,LAST NAME,USER ID,PASSWORD,MANAGER USER ID,DEPARTMENT,PIN,DEFAULT PROFILE,USER LOCALE,TELEPHONE NUMBER,PRIMARY EXTENSION,ASSOCIATED PC,IPCC EXTENSION,MAIL ID,PRESENCE GROUP,SUBSCRIBE CALLING SEARCH SPACE,DIGEST CREDENTIALS,REMOTE DESTINATION LIMIT,MAXIMUM WAIT TIME FOR DESK PICKUP,PRIMARY USER DEVICE,ENABLE MOBILITY,ENABLE MOBILE VOICE ACCESS,ALLOW CONTROL OF DEVICE FROM CTI
Sam,,Snake,ssnake,,,,,,,8727,,,,,,,,4,10000,,,,

I checked the directory about 30 seconds after the BAT job had competed and

Sam was searchable via firstname,lastname or extension

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: