Views
Helpful
Replies

Callmanager 8.5 issues...

mohican4me
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm experiencing some problems with a cucm 8.5 I have recently installed.

- The CallerID number does not match either the personal or the corporate directory entries.

- Where can I store phones numbers so everybody in the company can access them? Something like corporate directory but not only for internal users.(I have synchronized corporate directory with LDAP)

- Is there a way to use ''right click - call ' directly from microsoft outlook? (Not with Click-to-Call software from cisco downloads)

- To get external line I hit 0 and then I dial a number. On incoming calls the number show up in the form 210XXXXXXX . When I have a missed call and want to dial it I have to edit the number and add a 0 to the beggining to call it. Is there a way to call it directly?

I am not so experienced in cucm 8.5 so I would appreciate any help.

Thank you

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

keanej
Level 3
Level 3

wo-ouch

- The CallerID number does not match either the personal or the corporate directory entries.

If you are referring to an inbound call - then the handset will display what is sent to it - it doesnt attempt to match it off against any database.

If you are referring to what is sent out - well its defined on the route list route group pair -but sometimes the service provider can change this.

- To get external line I hit 0 and then I dial a number. On incoming calls the number show up in the form 210XXXXXXX . When I have a missed call and want to dial it I have to edit the number and add a 0 to the beggining to call it. Is there a way to call it directly?

You do this on the Calling Party Transformations on the translation pattern that processes your extensions - its called Prefix digits.

View solution in original post

You can get click-to-call working if you install the Cisco TSP (from Applications > Plugins menu in CUCM). This will install a TAPI provider which you configure through the Telephony control panel applet. Outlook can be configured to use the TAPI provider to make calls. The main downside to this is that the TSP must be updated every time you patch CUCM.

As for the pickup group: What behavior is observed when this fails? Is there any error on the phone when the phone presses the pickup softkey?

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Features and Services Guide, Release 8.5(1) - Call Pickup

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

keanej
Level 3
Level 3

wo-ouch

If you are referring to an inbound call - then the handset will display what is sent to it - it doesnt attempt to match it off against any database.

If you are referring to what is sent out - well its defined on the route list route group pair -but sometimes the service provider can change this.

You do this on the Calling Party Transformations on the translation pattern that processes your extensions - its called Prefix digits.

Thank you very much.

Do you have any solution for direct calling from microsoft outlook?

One more question....

I have set up group pickup and call pickup  but it is not working. I have checked everybody is in the same group.

What do I miss??

You can get click-to-call working if you install the Cisco TSP (from Applications > Plugins menu in CUCM). This will install a TAPI provider which you configure through the Telephony control panel applet. Outlook can be configured to use the TAPI provider to make calls. The main downside to this is that the TSP must be updated every time you patch CUCM.

As for the pickup group: What behavior is observed when this fails? Is there any error on the phone when the phone presses the pickup softkey?

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Features and Services Guide, Release 8.5(1) - Call Pickup