cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Callmanager 8.6 multicast moh

miket
Level 5
Level 5

Got a question  When I create a moh , the base multicast lets say i use 239.1.1.1 , If i  create 5 music sources in order so the g711 for source 1 would be 239.1.1.1 , the g711 for source 2 would be 239.1.1.5 etc, now when I set up a router for multicast I can use the source 2 address and it would be 239.1.1.5 , does cucm ever change these numbers on a reboot?   or take the case where I create source 1 , 3 2, so source 3 would be 239.1.1.5 (g711) does cucm ever change it t be in order or change it at all?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Correct, assuming you are using IP address increments and not port increments. Nothing gets changed after reboot.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Correct, assuming you are using IP address increments and not port increments. Nothing gets changed after reboot.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thanks I laways use ip (99.9) unless there is a compelling reason not to. I just have a team where a few swear that a reboot has changed the or rearranged the numbers.  I told them theses are database components that do not get rewritten once configured unless you change something then the ip addresses should reamin as they were.. If they do get renumbered then there is a bug. Otherwise you would never ever be able to use lets say sorurce 3 239.1.1.9 on a router..

Since cucm 3.0.6 it has been this way..I have never seen this

Thanks for the answer

Are they climing this config changed on the router?  Perhaps it was not saved when it rebooted.

HTH,

Chris

No they are claiming on CUCM.......

I finally got to my lab and all is fine... I configuredsources  1, 10 , 2in that order . 10 was .5 for g-711 , after a reboot of cucm it was the same 10 was .5.

Thank you for the quick reply