Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager Appliance and CallManager Express in a Decentralised Deployment

kingsleyn
Level 1
Level 1

Good day sirs,

I have a CallManager at a main office. There are other independent offices connected to the Main office network. I want to configure CallManager Express for these smaller offices. However, the Quote Builder I'm using (to produce a BOM) does not give me the desired result. Or does it mean that the CallManager and CallManager Express cannot be configured to work together in a MAN? I want to configure a decentralised call processing environment where the branches will have independent dial plans each, but still able to call each other within the MAN.

Must I use CallManager in each branch office? (this option is too costly for me). Your usual assistance will be appreciated. Thanks for all the assistance in the past.

3 Replies 3

msolak
Level 4
Level 4

hi,

i would recommend the design guide for Call Manager Express for initial way.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_implementation_design_guide_book09186a00805f05db.html

greetings

mehmet

Hi Mehmet,

I have downloaded and have been reading the book you recommended. Thank you so much. The book explains it all.

I really appreciate this. Thanks a lot.

I hope I can call on you for any questions regarding my preparing for CCIE-voice lab?

Thanks again so much for the answers.

Bye for now.

Kingsley Nnamchi

(234-8034073380)

Nigeria

sferro
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I know you got your answer for CallManager Express. As for Quote Builder, you can build a solution with CallManager and CallManager Express by selecting "decentralized with multiple call processing technologies" as the call processing model. This will allow each site to be configured individually.