Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Callmanager CLID Issue : numbering plan unknown

Hi,

We have an issue for a French customer with Cisco IPT : when he dials a PSTN number, his CLID does not appear on the dialed phone. Instead is shown a CLID number that belongs to the Telco Operator providing the E1 PSTN link.

The Operator tells me that the pb is because we do not set the numbering plan & the IE number type to national.

Q931 debug from the customer's GW (I replaced orginial numbers with X):

Jan 9 14:48:09.898: ISDN Se0/1/0:15 Q931: TX -> SETUP pd = 8 callref = 0x32A4

Sending Complete

Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A3

Standard = CCITT

Transfer Capability = Speech

Transfer Mode = Circuit

Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s

Channel ID i = 0xA9839B

Exclusive, Channel 27

Calling Party Number i = 0x0083, '1XXXXXXXX'

Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown

Called Party Number i = 0x80, '01XXXXXXXX'

Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown

My problem is that I do not want to force the IE type & the numbering plan in the CCM GW configuration settings because I also have international calls using this gateway (calls from France to other countries & calls from other countries to France). We have choosed as for now to keep the CCM recommanded value "Cisco CallManager" for these settings.

Does anyone already faced this issue and/or have a clue on how to solve it ?

Best regards,

Marc

11 REPLIES

Re: Callmanager CLID Issue : numbering plan unknown

Marc,

Is this a mgcp or h323 gateway ? If using a h323 gateway you can set the plan and type for specific dnis.

Thanks but unfortunatly, this is a 2821 MGCP GW with 2 VWIC-1MFT-E1 modules. CCM is version 4.1(3)sr3a.

You can always request the telco to change the way they look at type and plan for international calls.

You can try setting the called and calling party IE number type to National from Cisco and also the calling numbering paln to isdn.

This will work for international numbers as well

Marc

To solve this I think you will have to change your gateway to h.323. With this option you can use vice-translation rules/profiles to alter the plan and type, but also as yoy are using rules you can base this on the dialed digits and hence discriminate between Natl and Intl numbers.

Martin

Thx, but can you also choose call type based on the calling number : People from various country are using the same gw. I want to set up the call type to national for people in the same country as the gw and international for others

Hall of Fame Super Gold

That is what mwcodd suggested, use translation rules.

Usually, it only necessary in the incoming direction, to add a double zero to international. You can probably place international calls with nationl type as long the right prefix is in place.

Unfortunatly my PSTN provider ask me to classify international call with the correct IE type, I can't use national type for international calls :(

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Translation rules can work inbound and outbound, so you can match the international prefix like '00', optionally strip it, and set the plan to international.

This link is used only for outbound calls. Let me explain the design : one cluster with outbound voice gateway & some phones in Paris. Some IP phones in foreign countries, for example London.

A guy from Paris calls in France :

- called number 01 XXXXXXXX

- calling number 01 XXXXXXXX

=> I have to set up the call as national IE type

Another guy calls France from London (he uses the same outbound gateway) :

- called number 01 XXXXXXXX

- calling number +44 XXXXXXXXXX

=> I have to set up the call as international IE type because my PSTN provider scans the calling number and reject it if the call is set as national and the calling number is not in the French numbering plan !

So I have to set up IE type for outbound calls based on the calling number. It's not possible with MGCP and I have find how to do it with h.323...

Thanks for your great help & support !

Marc

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Hi Marc,

first of all, I believe that if you do not set any call type for the international call (leave the default that is "unknown"), but prefix with 00, it will work. This said, here is a simple translation-profile that would work with h323. It just explicitly set 'type'. Note, 'plan' is left untouched.

voice translation-rule 100

rule 1 match /\(^0\)/ /\1/ type any national

rule 2 match /\(^[1-9]\)/ /\1/ type any international

voice translation profile set-type

translate called 100

You can apply the translation profile in three distinct places, pick the one that suits your case better:

1 - in the outbound dial-peer. Note, if you have specialized dial-peers (usually better) for each type of call, you can also use specialized translation-profiles.

2 - at voice-port level. In this case, it will need to handle all the possible numbers that are called by that port.

3 - at trunk group level. Similar to 2, but more elegant if you have multiple interfaces.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content