Views
Helpful
Replies

Callmanager Firmware upgrade 3.6(6)

asherif82
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there,

We are performing upgrade of a firmware 3.6(6) ( last firmware) to the MCS 7835I2-K9 servers to a whole cluster containing of 7 subscriber and 1 publisher for version 8.0.3. I downloaded the ISO file from Cisco website ,burn it to Dvd with bootable option and follow the procedures for upgrading but i want to verify the new version has been taken or not.....How to verify what was the old version and if the firmware was successfully upgrade ?. I tried on cucm cli "show hardware" but there is a lot of version inside which one it suppose to be.

Please advise guys.

Thanks,

Amr Sherif         

4 Replies 4

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I am not really sure I understand what you are saying..But If you are asking about cucm upgrade. Then you can check your active and inactive partition to see what version is running on the server.

If you navigate to http://x.x.x.x/cmplatform where x,x.x.x is your publisher IP, then Settings > Version

You will see your active and inactive versions

Please rate useful posts

"I am complete in God, God completes me"

Please rate all useful posts

nikshah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Alternatively you can try show version active and show version inactive from the ssh.. of the pub and sub to see what you have in the active and inactive versions

I'm not talking guys about CUCM upgrade.what i'm talking about is the IBM MCS server firmware upgrade for thesystem .As i toldyou i cannot find a way to know the version of teh current firmware ,what is teh command on CLI that do that action.

Amr Sherif

Is it the BIOS firmware you are after or the HDD firmware? The BIOS firmware looks like this..

BIOS Information  :

IBM IBMBIOSVersion1.44-[M9E144AUS-1.44]- 06/11/2009

Please rate useful posts

"For the love of God is broader than the measure of man's mind And the heart of the Eternal is most wonderfully kind"

Please rate all useful posts