cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager Groups

cyoungblut
Level 1
Level 1

Hello - Have been running CallManager 5.1.1.2000-2 for about 2 years. Have a primary callmanager and secondary. When it was set up the default callmanager group had the primary listed first and the secondary (subscriber) listed second. So - all devices (shows about 300 devices) are registering with the publisher and not the subscriber which I understand is the preferred method. So, if I set up a second callmanager group (default is the only one there now) and reverse the order of the two servers (so subscriber is listed first and publisher second), and then change the device pool groups to use this newly created CM group, and then reset those phones, they should register with the subscriber first, and the publisher as a standby. Does this sound corect? And is there anything that would happen when I do this that I should be aware or? I want to make sure I don't have adverse effects from doing this?

Also, should I have all devices register with the subscriber or should I split them up so some register first with the publisher. Again, the callmanager group default shows 356 devices.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Chris,

Hope all is well my friend! All of your statements are most correct.

In the Best Practice design you won't actually have any phones registered to the Publisher Callmanager so it can be left free to perform other tasks.

So, your new design should work just the way you want with the IP Phones registering to the Sub first and only to the Pub in case of failure.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks as usual Rob! I will get these devices switched as soon as possible.

Thanks

I switched a small group of users this morning and reset their phones. They now have the subscriber as their active CM and the pub as their standby CM. One thing that happed hower was that our attendant console cannot tell the status of those phones. It just shows a question mark next to those DNs. The others that I have not switched are fine. Any ideas? I did stop and start the AC service.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: