cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Callmanager handling +1 inbound calls from Webex

Brad Martin
Level 3
Level 3

I have callmanager version 9.1.2 and on-prem Webex Meeting Server (1.5.1.323A). The "callme" function works but webex tags on a +1 to any number it calls. I can strip off the +1 with a translation pattern which works for Cisco phones but am not sure how to handle numbers that need to go to PSTN. Do I need transformation pattern to strip +1 and add 9? Can this be done at the sip trunk level?

4 Replies 4

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can do it several ways.

Yes you can use translation pattern as well ,create a xlation pattern which will strip + and add your access code. It should then match your existing route pattern and route the call.

You can also create a Route pattern \+.! and strip the plus and add your access code and route to PSTN. CWMS will deliver the call over the SIP trunk and will be routed using this RP.

-Terry

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I am assuming webex uses the numbers that it finds through AD. The question is, how does your webex server route a call to PSTN, if it connects to CUCM using a SIP trunk, you can put the sip trunk in its own CSS that has a translation pattern that strips the +1 and prefixes a 9. 

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. 

=============================

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

My dilema is that stripping the +1 will work for all internal phones registered to our callmanager cluster. The example is that 605123XXXX is a callmanager registered phone, but 605234XXXX is a local call to the pstn while 605345XXXX is long distance still within the same state. We also have 40+ locations spread across several other states. I'm looking for an efficient way to manage calls to pstn without having a specific translation pattern for every scenario.

Hi Mate,

First of all, for internal calls CWMS should not prefix + and a country code. There's an option on the call me - something like call internal number. If a user dials a number using this option it will ring internal extension without requiring any digit manipulation. Otherwise, for PSTN calls you select the country flag for the destination you are calling and it adds + and the respective country code.

You can simply setup a translation pattern stripping + and prefixing an access code 9 or 0 or whatever and your existing call routing will take care of rest.

I had done a CWMS implementation few months back and it worked fine for me. Not remember exactly if I used TP or RP but I didn't had any issue.

-Terry

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: