Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CallManager on 6.1 Sub Active but Not Running

Hi All,

I have got a strange problem that I have never seen before on other versions of CallManager.

We have a new installation of CUCM 6.1. It was initially CUCM 6.0 and than, before going live, it was upgraded to 6.1. The installation consists of one Pub and one Sub. The CallManager service is activated on both servers but is running only on the Pub - on the Sub it is shown as Active but Not Running. If I start CallManager service on the Sub manually (from the Serviceability web page) it keeps running for about 30 seconds (it is show as running) and after this time it goes back to Not Running. Any idea what it could be before I open TAC case?

Thanks a lot.

Alex.

6 REPLIES
New Member

Re: CallManager on 6.1 Sub Active but Not Running

Under licensing, do you licenses for 1 or 2 nodes? How many are in use?

Re: CallManager on 6.1 Sub Active but Not Running

There are 2 units authorized and 2 units used - this looks all right. For some reason the SW Version shows 6.0 (not 6.1) but I was told it should not matter because you do not need to have a separate license for 6.0-6.1 upgrade.

New Member

Re: CallManager on 6.1 Sub Active but Not Running

It saying 6.0 should be ok.... I have a current setup just like that (came with 6.0, then upgraded 6.1).

Just to make sure, you ran the 6.1 upgrade on both the pub and sub, right?

Re: CallManager on 6.1 Sub Active but Not Running

Yes, sure :)

New Member

Re: CallManager on 6.1 Sub Active but Not Running

Just had to ask :)

My next step would be to open a TAC case. They can collect trace files on the service and give you an answer.

Re: CallManager on 6.1 Sub Active but Not Running

Hi All,

I have managed to fix it. All I did was sending the "utils dbreplication repair " command from the Publisher CLI and than restarting the CallManager service on the Sub from Serviceability web page. The service has been running without errors since than and my devices have successfully re-registered to the Sub.

Thanks a lot to everybody involved.

179
Views
0
Helpful
6
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content