cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager service not starting in CCM6

juanochoa
Level 1
Level 1

Im installing a CCM 6.0.1 from 4.2.3. After the install I upload the servers and unit licenses and I can see that the license report is good. But the CallManager Service fail to start im attaching a trace file of the output I can see a problem with the license but I dont know where.

I have installed the same without DMA and I can register phones and everything, but I dont want to start over.

I hope someone can show me some light here, thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Juan,

This is surely a Licensing issue;

CCM_CALLMANAGER-CALLMANAGER-3-NoFeatureLicense : No feature license found.

Explanation: Customers of the CallManager software are required to purchase licenses for the Cisco Unified CallManager application and IP phones.

Recommended Action: Request license generation for Cisco Unified CallManager nodes and the phones that are associated with those nodes.

System Error Messages for Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.0(1)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/err_msgs/6_x/alarm601.htm

This procedure is for CCM 5.x but is still applicable for CCM 6.x to generate the License file that you need;

Migrating from Cisco CallManager 4.0(x) to 5.0(x)

When you migrate from Cisco CallManager version 4.0(x) to 5.0(x), the licenses that are required for existing phones and existing Cisco CallManager nodes is calculated and an intermediate file (XML file) that contains these license counts will be generated during the Cisco CallManager migration process. These licenses are given free of cost because you are already using these phones for Cisco CallManager version 4.x. If you are provisioning new phones and nodes after migrating to Cisco CallManager 5.0(x), you need to paste the intermediate license file in the License Registration window on CCO.

Use the following procedure to register existing licenses and request for new licenses.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 In Cisco CallManager Administration, choose System > Licensing > License File Upload.

The License File Upload window displays.

Step 2 Click View File. A pop-up window displays that has the license information for existing phones and nodes. Copy this information. To copy the contents on this windrow, you can use Ctrl-A (Select All) and Ctrl-C (Copy).

Step 3 On the License Registration window of CCO website, in the text box provided, paste the file contents using Ctrl-V.

Step 4 You must enter the MAC address of the Cisco CallManager server that you are requesting the licenses for, and a valid E-mail Id.

Step 5 To obtain the actual license file, click Submit. A license file is generated.

Step 6 You must upload the license file to the server with the matching MAC address that you provided in Step 4. See the "Uploading a License file" section in the Cisco CallManager Administration Guide. This node takes on the functionality of the license manager.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080531ebb.html#wp1100548http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080531ebb.html#wp1100548

Hope this helps!

Rob

As Rob pointed out, you have to get a license. In CM6, you do get a bank of 50 DLUs to use IF and only IF, it is a new install. If you did DMA, then you get ZERO temps 50 DLUs. Your server will not activate, you can login, click around, but nothing will work.

So, if you did DMA, no worries.. just let it sit. You can install your Subscriber until you get the license setup on the PUB. (because CCM server serivce must started)

You will want to contact licensing@cisco.com with your Contract number, PAK numbers, MAC Address, Order numbers, whatever you have.

If you have purchased the Upgrade licenses and they are in your Contracts waiting to be "checked out" online, go to:

cisco.com

Login

Click on ordering

Then click ordering in the drop down

Click on Product Upgrade Tool

Enter in your contract number

You should see how many nodes, etc you can check out if they were pre-purchased through SmartNet.

Check out the two you need for the nodes.

You will get "Entitlement Number" after this is completed. Cisco will send out via SNAIL MAIL a PAK license. Then you can go and get the license the regular way. Or if you need it ASAP, forward the email to licensing@cisco.com (the email that is sent with the entitlement, etc)

This will get the servers to "turn on" THEN, THEN you need to get the DLUs needed for your devices from the DMA. So licensing will send over an Excel sheet for you to fill in. In turn, they will send you another license for the DLUs.

Fun stuff. Painful couple weeks figuring all this out!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: