cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager to Intuity Audix Integration

joeharb
Level 5
Level 5

We are in the process of moving to CCM and Unity and currently have an Avaya G3 and Intuity Audix in place. We would like to migrage users to CallManager with Audix in place...we have the G3 and CallManager linked and call call from one system to another we are looking @ getting the Audix and CCM to work together (MWI)...I have found some documentation but wondered if anyone has done this and were there any "gotchas"...

Joe

6 Replies 6

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

i would recommend and Cisco recommends doing it the other way around. Integrate Avaya G3 to Unity and move everyone to Unity FIRST, then install CallManager and migrated phones from Avaya to Cisco. Trust me, it's easier to get the voicemail out of the way first, then migrate phones from digital to cisco callmanager

We were originally going to go that route but our CRC department relies heavily on the audix queues...we already have ip phones (on CME) @ most of our sites. I have found documentation that using Audix with CCM is possible is that not the case...

Joe

I have found that doc and it appears to be pretty easy except for the C-Lan card for the Audix...I believe this is a pretty expensive item...(we don't want to add more equipment to the g3/audix if we can avoid it). I found another doc that shows how to accomplished the "same" thing using a vg224/248 and SDMI signaling...has anyone had an experience with that?

Joe

I've done this in the past with VG248's and CCM 4.1.3.

Basically just give the analog ports connectivity to Intuity, and use the SMDI port for the MWI communications. As long as you get your ports set right for CSS and PT's you'll be just fine.

Make sure to verify how many digits the Intuity expects. We use 10 digit DN's in CCM, and had to build the VM profiles to only send 7 digit to Intuity.

Thanks for the info...Can you explain a few things for me....

The com cable that is used for the SMDI signaling goes from the Audix com 1 to the Asynch port on the VG224/228? Is correct? We will be using CCM 5.1 to integrate will this be an issue? Do you have any diagrams or documentation you used for your setup?

Thanks,

Joe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: