Replies

Callmanager upgrade to 9.1

ougwuoke
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I have really good one.

Current system

We are currently running callmanager 7.1 This system is so messed up that if you make a change one office another office break IE

We change a phone from static to EM and it broke the firm long distance call. 

We had planned on backing up the current database and restoring it to the new 9.1 which will were building on new hardware.

The truth is that I don't trust this system anymore I want to build brand new system.

I will like to have the old cluster and the new 9.1 cluster running in the production network at the same time so I can migrate by office rather than everyone at once.

Has anyone done something like this?

The worry I have is that I may have to go back to my users tell them that the 5digit dail they love will go away if have both clusters online at the same time.

is there a way to somehow tie both the 7.1 and 9.1 callmanager in two clusters together

2 Replies 2

You can create an Intercluster trunk to communicate both clusters. Create route patterns in your different clusters to reach the DNs and send the call through that intercluster trunk. Of course you will have to think how you are going to migrate the users (different voice vlan, different dhcp pool with different option 150 or using manual alternate tftp, etc)

Regards,

Gabriel

EDIT: you can't restore a 7.1 backup to a new 9.1 CUCM, it needs to be in the same version.

If you don't want to change your dial plan the option is simple

You move 1000 from 7.X to 9.X

Create a route pattern 1000 and point it to 9.X

Delete DN 1000 from old system.

In 9.1 you would need to do it the other way around, start with RPs covering all your DNs in the old cluster, and then start narrowing them down as you move phones.

In any case, even using a prefix to dial between them, is going to be messy, and you need to keep close track of where the phones are to avoid routing loops.

It's really which option is the least painful for you, the system, and the users.

The other option is a flash cut, export with BAT, massage the data so it's 9.1 compliant and reconfigure the whole system, then just unplug old servers, plug new ones.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: