cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

calls across InterClusterTrunk

reidg
Level 1
Level 1

Have established an ICT between 4.1.3 and 6.1 clusters. Calls from the 6.1 to the 4.1.3 go through no problems. Calls from the 4.1.3 to the 6.1 work but frequently are subject to a 10sec delay before the call is established!

Its an explict route pattern on the 4.1.3 to the 6.1 with only a single way between them i.e. the ict.

Anyone any ideas?

ta

Grant

4 Replies 4

michael.deal
Level 1
Level 1

Have you come to a conclusion on this, Grant?

I'm troubleshooting the same issue between a 5.1.3 cluster and a 6.1.2 cluster.

mike

That 10-sec delay screams interdigit timeout. Have you used the Dialed Number Analyser? Could there be a different route pattern or translation pattern that is competing with the route pattern for the ICT?

Sorry, you're right..I read the initial post and applied it to my situation, which is similar.

In my case, it is most certainly *NOT* interdigit timeout. The call rings the remote phone as expected, but if the call is initiated from the 5.1 cluster, the audio itself may be delayed for up to 10 seconds when the call is answered.

Calls from the 6.1 cluster to the 5.1 cluster do not experience this issue.

Michael, doesn't sound like the same thing, but I'll you tell you what fixed our issue.

Basicaly 10 sec delay in ringing between 4.1 and 6.1 (fine the other way). Turned out that the database was corrupted, and that it had another RG within the RL, that it would try and access, then time out and revert to the correct one. However if you looked at the WEB page it didn't show this other RG, just the correct one!!!! TAC found this for me, but only after trawling through call traces. All the database tools said everything was fine as well. The fix was simple overwrite the RL, recreate and it then all worked fine, however very frustrating, and havn't had an answer to how the database and GUI could be different?

hope you fix your problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: