Views
Helpful
Replies

Calls Active via E1 PRI

Mark H
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to find out the maximum amount of calls active at any one time over a particular gateway/E1 PRI for a time period, what is the best way to do this? This gateway is controlled by CUCM 8.5 using MGCP.

I know how to view the live CallsActive counter, but I would like to be able to instantly grab those values for say the past two weeks. I've had a look at the performance log viewer but that does not appear to be a counter that is logged for a particular gateway/interface. The only relevant counter I can find is a CallsActive for the CUCM node.

Thanks,

Mark

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Mark,

I don't know if this would help but is this something that would work for you?:

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hi Mark,

I believe you can get this information out of CDR records by running a report on the gateway.

Make sure the CDR enabled flag is set to True for both pub and subs.

You can get to CDR by browsing to /car

make sure whatever user that you use to log in to cucm has the standard CAR admin permissions

Once logged in, go to Device Reports => Gateway => you can select whichever option (detail, summary, utilization) will suit your needs.

Hope that helped, if so, please rate.

Hi Kenneth,

Sorry I forgot to mention that I have used that as well, but they don't quite give what I'm after, which I'll explain below.

• Utilization Report - Hour of Day: This gives a percentage for each hour of the day, but it appears to be a percentage based on the whole day instead of giving me an idea of how many calls at once. The most utlised period for me is only an hour at 2.54% on a gateway with 30 channels, that implies that less then one channel is used at any on time.
  • Summary: This just tells me a quantity of calls over a time period, rather then the maximum at any one time during the time period.
  • Detail: This does give me details of all calls during the period I select, but I would need to work out based on their originating and termination times whether multiple calls are at the same time. This would be time consuming and, depending on quantity of calls just unfeasible.

Any other ideas?

Unfortunately I don't know of anything else. There may be some sort of third party billing/CDR application that can get this data for you.

Also you may want to check with your service provider and see if you can request a traffic study of some sort. Outside of that, Im out of ideas.

Sorry I couldnt be of further assistance.

Thanks Kenneth, appreciate the response.

Hi Mark,

I don't know if this would help but is this something that would work for you?:

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply. I actually forgot to reply to this thread, I ended up going down that path and using Solarwind's Orion to monitor the SNMP OIDs (below) to get call active information.

MIB Name: CISCO-POP-MGMT-MIB:cpmISDNCfgBChanInUseForVoice

OID:1.3.6.1.4.1.9.10.19.1.1.11

Mark

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: